cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Picture quality

Hi,

Getting big pixelation issues on live tv and recordings.

Purely on internet connection on 900mb ff with hub in same room about 4/5m away.

Not running a cable as this isn’t possible.

how can it be this bad on 900mb?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Picture quality

@ougs103 

I presume you are talking about pixelation on IPTV broadcasts (i.e not terrestrial signals via your aerial)?

Is this across all channels, or HD or 4k/UHD only?

Have you tried comparing results when you have an Ethernet cable instead of WiFi? (WiFi can get congested or it could be other issues with the WiFi setup. Helps rule out performance issues with your overall BB performance and localises the issue to WiFi or the TV box)

Message 3 of 7

Hi @ougs103,

I would agree with @SoupDragon57, I would try connecting with the Ethernet cable to see if the issue remains. If the problem goes away then you know it is an issue with the Wireless. Please give that a try and let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Thanks both.

I don’t have an aerial option, as I said, we are on internet connection only for IPTV, and an Ethernet would need to be circa 30 ft long to reach the box so not really an option.

Its been an issue on various programmes on HD.

Should congestion if WI-FI really be an issue with 900mb? We’re an average household I would think in terms of device connections.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

@ougs103 Thanks. As it is definitely IPTV, is there any chance you could move the TV and BT TV box near enough to the router (temporarily) to test the Ethernet? 

You also state it is 30 ft away. Is it in the same room or a different room to the router? Off it's a different room, have you done any speed tests fine the TV location? Itt could be that thick walls etc might cause issues with the WiFi signal (which may require a WiFi extender)

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Don’t fancy trying to take the to off it’s wall mounting to be honest,

The router is in an alcove off the main living room, that said there is a direct line of sight from the router to the box, there is no wall to go through.

I have put my phone next to the box and run a speed test and it’s showing at 450mb so the pixelation just doesn’t make sense with those kind of speeds.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

A 10m ethernet cable would cost a few pounds from Amazon/Ebay & could be installed temporarily to prove if WiFi is the issue.