cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 40

Re: Purple Screen

I have been supplied with a replacement box due to the Purple Screen syndrome. 

After using the new box for 7 days OK but 8th day and 9th day Purple Screen again. 

I don't think these boxes are compatible with Samsung TV,s

I have removed it and gone back to using my Manhattan Box 

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 40

Hi @Spanishbear,

Thank you for posting back to update the thread. I'm sorry the replacement box is having the same issue. It could the the the HDMI cable is faulty. Are you using the same cable as with the old box?

I can get my colleagues in the BT TV team to take a look at this.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 40

@Spanishbearwrote:

I don't think these boxes are compatible with Samsung TV,s

If it was that there'd be a lot more than 2 people complaining on here, I'm using a samsung perfectly ok for example

Here's a thought though, if the cable etc has been changed maybe it's your tv that's the issue?

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 40

I suffer with the purple screen, it happens to me about every 3 to 4 weeks. I'm using the BT supplied hdmi cable and I doubt that it's the cable otherwise it would surely be far more problematic.

I tend to think that it's more of a BT Pro Box problem, I initially had two boxes delivered after one went AWOL in the post, one of them wouldn't get past the start-up screen. I just think that they're a bit on the flaky side, past experience has taught me to run apps direct on the TV rather than from a BT Box wherever possible, far more reliable.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 40

I resolved my issue by not using the BT remote to turn on box and tv simultaneously.

Instead, I turn on the tv and then turn the box on a couple of seconds later. Haven’t had the purple screen once since doing this.

hopefully this helps some of you

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 40

@Dale88wrote:

I resolved my issue by not using the BT remote to turn on box and tv simultaneously.

Instead, I turn on the tv and then turn the box on a couple of seconds later. Haven’t had the purple screen once since doing this.

hopefully this helps some of you

I started to turn them on individually a while ago and it hasn't eliminated it for me, however I think there's something in how long the BT remote standby is pressed. I've noticed the remote indicator light on the box staying on for varying lengths of time when Standby is pressed to wake it up.

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 40

Thanks for your reply.I have tried changing the HDMI cables twice and changing HDMI sockets to the TV. Unfortunately that didn’t make any difference.

I have an Fire Cube TV also plugged in with no problems so it’s not the TV

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 40

BT arranged for an engineer to attend this morning to investigate the cause of my Purple screen.He was a nice lad but had never heard about the problem and certainly never seen it.

Luckily I had taken a picture showing the Purple Sceen on my TV.So all he could do was another reset and alter the box power option to be always on..I had already tried that previously so not much confidence that it will do any good.

I am sticking with my Manhattan Freeview box for now as my wife has recorded several programmes that she wants to watch.I may try the BT pro box in a couple of weeks when I can be bothered to change all my cables over.

It would seem at BT the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

I had a PM from a BT moderator a few days ago and  although I replied ,I have heard nothing.

Message 29 of 40

Hi @Spanishbear, thanks for the update and I've checked and can see that you've got messages in our queue, we are a bit behind at the moment. I can't see one message that includes the information @PaddyB has requested so please reply to Paddy's message with that information and this will help speed things up when we get to your case.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 40

Many thanks for the update. I find it amazing that given the number of people posting about the purple screen, engineers say they have never heard of it. Good luck with your new set up but like you I wouldn’t hold my breath.

0 Ratings