cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Recordings

Did anyone else record the National TV awards last night, if you did and you haven’t watched it just letting you know that you will miss the last 5 min because the **bleep** BT box cuts off the end off recordings if the overrun.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Recordings

That’s because it uses something called “accurate recording" (honest!), which relies on a signal sent by the broadcaster to start and stop recordings.

In the main it works fine, but if programmes overrun (usually live events), the box relies on the broadcaster to adjust that "end recording" signal.

As you have discovered, most don't bother. 

Of course you can catch up on ITVX in standard definition with extra adverts if you wish. 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 3 of 9

I have only had it 3 months and this is the fourth time it has happened, previous 3 were rugby matches which I missed the end of. So another 21 months and I can return to sky.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

ITV1 HD (via IP, North-West region) is one of the worst offenders. I haver not had any issues with C4 HD or TNT HD.

• The Confessions of Franny Langton 
21, 22, 23, 24 August 21:00-22:00, all cut off 15s-1 min before the end of the programme

• The Tower
28, 30 August 21:00-22:00 cut off 15s-1 min before the end of the programme (29 and 31 cut off during the credits).

The worst thing is that these are not live events subject to overrun. I complained to ITV and had a stock response (within 10 seconds of me pressing send!)
Message 5 of 9

@BillyM That sounds like the old issue of  ITV not sending accurate  signals when it switches to its News at Ten/local news  programming . I would point you at various threads on the Youview community about similar issues but they are no longer available . If I recall correctly it normally only affected some of the ITV regions. It also  seemed only to  be at the c 10pm point , ie the early evening 6pm News switch  wasn’t a problem.

Message 6 of 9

@zulu17 yes, I followed all those threads so am aware of the issues. I think for most customers it doesn't matter whether the problem is down to BT or ITV - the net result is that it's not possible to record with confidence using the pro Box. What is under BT's control is the Pro Box functionality, so it just shows again why BT should add a padding feature to the Pro Box (as you said in the other thread on this topic).

Message 7 of 9

My recordings have been with sky sport, one of the games had overrun because of some bad injuries and it stopped 10 min before the final whistle. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

I frequently get this on the Sky F1 channel if a race has been delayed due to safety car periods or Red flagged. My work around is to record a few following programmes for safety. I know that it is a Sky problem, possibly because BT use Sky Now , a 5 minute buffer is no good if the programme over runs by 30 minutes. Not ideal but at least I get to see the whole of the race.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

They should warn you of this before you sign up, if they had I would looked at other platforms so I have to wait a long time before I can cancel. I have managed to stop some people who were thinking of moving to BT though.

0 Ratings