cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 151 of 230

Re: Welcome to EE TV

I believe if you call BT , they will change you over to EE broadband + TV in one go. @Bluemoon1 

You cannot have EE TV + BT Broadband or vice versa - you must go over to "New EE"

To be fair, I managed to get £10 off my bill (BT Halo 3+) a month on the new EE which was good - and I gained 8mb - which I'm certainly not complaining about. 

Message 152 of 230

Free extra boxes won't be offered to those on a BT contract - whether it's renewed or not.
You need to move to New EE.
My BT should soon show you your personalised offers to migrate.
Message 153 of 230

Do we know how soon it will be yet?

0 Ratings
Message 154 of 230

I'm also interested to know when our offers from BT to EE for TV and broadband customers will be made active. 

I tried to call just before Christmas and they couldn't do it over the phone either. 

0 Ratings
Message 155 of 230

I messaged BT yesterday on Twitter to ask if there were any benefit of moving over, The response was just a link pointing to EE broadband deals as a new customer, I have Fibre 2 and TV (TNT Sport) 

Moving to New EE with the same package works out slightly more expensive and will also go up again in March ! 

0 Ratings
Message 156 of 230

Just be aware if you are going to move over to EE with TV and a new internet package, to be very careful if you are tempted to go for their 1.6gbps package. Unless you want to be essentially a beta tester!

Everything is still not ironed out on their end yet. 

BT broadband full WiFi transfer to EE 1.6gbps - The EE Community

All this because somebody up top wanted a name change 🙄

0 Ratings
Message 157 of 230

At the moment, the only benefits to moving from BT to EE are:
1. Access to the 1.6Gbps speed (if your line supports it, and you want to upgrade - you don't have to)
2. The option to get EE TV on Apple TV (subject to eligibility)
3. Free multiroom on EE TV

I've chased for an update on when the issues with ordering will be fixed - we're currently in a "service protection period" for the holidays, meaning no changes can be made to live systems. This ends tomorrow, but I don't know if the fixes are ready yet.
Message 158 of 230

My reasoning behind it would be the free multiroom. 

Thanks for the update. 

0 Ratings
Message 159 of 230

Hi @DarrenDev 

Can you please also list, or clarify, the downsides of switching?

As I understand it, if you switch to the EE TV on Apple TV option, you will lose your recording YouView box, with its ability to record the Now channels, available nowhere else.

And the free multiroom is only applicable to YouView box users, so it’s either that OR EE TV on Apple TV, but not both?

Happy to be contradicted 😛

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 160 of 230

An EE TV subscription through New EE will allow:

1 x primary box - this can be a TV Box Pro, an Apple TV, or a TV Box Mini
Up to 2 x multiroom boxes - these can only be a TV Box Mini

So if you currently have a TV Box Pro and choose to take Apple TV, you'll be required to return the existing box.
If you choose Apple TV as your primary box, you can still have up to 2 x TV Box Minis for multiroom

Note: if you already own any other YouView boxes, they will continue to work. So e.g. if you own a 4k recordable box, you could still use it in addition to taking Apple TV.