cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 61 of 69

Re: Wrong itv region

Go to solution

I'm new to BTTV also. My activation date was the 31st of October and on the 1st of November, we had a BT engineer come out and set up our box. 

I watched him select Newcastle as our region during the setup. The box is connected via WiFi to out bt hub. 

Bbc shows me north east news, however itv is showing us granada news and weather. 

I used to BT chat to ask about this and they got me to reset the box etc but I had no way of checking it had worked since there was no itv news on. The next day it showed the granada news and weather again. I've looked in every setting on the box and can't see anything to change. So I'm pretty stumped about this? Any help would be appreciated. 

0 Ratings
Message 62 of 69

Go to solution

You will need to check when Tyne Tees News is on the tv as the guide will not change from Granada Reports even when you have Tyne Tees.

You can change the regions from the setting menu on the guide. I have the option to choose North East, Yorkshire, Yorkshire & Lincolnshire and Midlands. So click the blue home button on the remote scroll to the top of the page and goto the cog setting, click Box Managment, update channels, when the update is done you will be asked which region you want. 

Remember the guide will always show Granada Reports as Tyne Tees isn't an official HD channel, even though my guide shows Granada it has a picture of the ITV Calendar presenting team.

0 Ratings
Message 63 of 69

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply. 

I did exactly what you said, retuned the channels and picked newcastle as the region. The itv news and weather has just been on again and its still giving us granada instead of north east. 

So still stumped as to what's going on? Especially since bbc is fine?

0 Ratings
Message 64 of 69

Go to solution
I sent an email to tv.apps@bt.com with my account number and they fixed it.
Message 65 of 69

Go to solution

Out of curiosity what channel number are you selecting for ITV HD? 

0 Ratings
Message 66 of 69

Go to solution

Channel 103

0 Ratings
Message 67 of 69

Go to solution
103 means you're using your TV aerial. We have no control over your TV region - it's determined by the signal your box is receiving via your aerial, and the region selection you made in the settings menu. If it's not what you expect, try a different selection.
0 Ratings
Message 68 of 69

Go to solution

@JoelDavid87wrote:

Channel 103

Thought so. Unfortunately ITV doesn't provide all HD regions over Freeview, (down here in the West Country we get Central West). Nothing you can do until ITV decides to follow the BBC. You can switch to IP (internet) mode where you will get the correct region in HD on channel 3, plus other HD channels not on Freeview..... but you will lose some channels in the process.

Internet mode free to air channel guide | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 69 of 69

Go to solution

@Hunter2660 

"Nothing you can do until ITV decides to follow the BBC."

Which is ironic, considering that ITV actually paid for the network upgrades to facilitate regionalisation, and BBC just took advantage of it!