cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

hd add on and now boost

Go to solution

Hi i would like clarification on my bt package,i have tnt sport pack 24 months and hd add on on the bt pro box.when i added on now entertainment package free trial then monthly,i noticed no hd channels were watchable.i contacted bt and they seem to not know anything,i swiftly got rid of the now package before 7 day trial so i assume you have to pay twice for hd.the hd addon in 2023 is just rediculous hd should be standard and paying for hd twice is a no from me.the bt box and tv are great very happy shame about double charging.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: hd add on and now boost

Go to solution

All providers still charge extra for hd, it's still not standard across the board everywhere

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

You have to order the HD/UHD add on for BT 's HD channels and the NowTV Boost for the NowTV channels but I believe you're only charged once... £6 I believe gets you the lot 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

I've just checked our handbook, and it states the following:

Entertainment, Big Entertainment and Big Sport subscriptions give the option to select the combi-HD add-on (£6)

• This includes HD coverage across all selected NOW content (including any selected add-ons e.g. Big Ent + Now Sports Membership), TNT Sport where relevant, and AMC
  • VIP packs include HD/4K coverage so the combi-HD add-on is not shown

The Sport package gives the option to select the singular HD add-on (£6)

• This only includes HD coverage across TNT Sport where relevant, and AMC
  • If you select a NOW add-on e.g. NOW Cinema Membership, and want full HD coverage across NOW content, you will need to also select the NOW Boost add-on (£6)

So it all depends what your base subscription is.

Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

fair enough i understand now thanks for helping me out guys 👍

Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Sorry for digging up an old thread but this was the best answer I could find.

So what happens if I want to upgrade from Sport (with HD ad on) to Big Sport (with HD ad on).

After picking Big Sport it’s showing the HD ad on as unselected? If I select it do I end up with 2 HD ad ons? Or if I don’t select it, does it automatically remove the existing HD ad on, or am I left with only TNT Sports in HD? Or do I need to cancel my existing HD ad on first?

Confused. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
As you're switching to a base package that provides access to the combi-HD add-on, you'll need to add it to your order. Your existing HD add-on will no longer be relevant, and should be automatically removed from your account.
So yes - tick the option to add the HD add-on to your Big Sport order, if you want to continue to receive HD.
If for any reason you find yourself being charged twice, just let us know and we can get that corrected.