cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

iptv / shift to EETV

I have read that BT may rebrand to EETV .... 

Do you think this will increase the iptv channels / options and apps .

Would like more music channels / stations via iptv and a bigger choice on the app side .

Have moved across from VM and the only downside is the lack of content re mobile app to watch live / recordings as we are locked into the now app . Watching what you have recorded is locked down too as far as i could work out .

No issues re the broadband side just the tv side needs updating but do like the fact you can use the now app on tvs instead of getting another box , Will BT move away from youview once EE take on the tv side ?

I suppose only time will tell...

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: iptv / shift to EETV

There are various rumours on the forum threads like at https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/bd-p/YouView

I do hope they will add more channels and apps to make it more competitive. I couldn't see me extending my contract if there wasn't some changes to the channels available at least. 

They are keeping the BT TV Pro according to one of the mods. Not sure how they would go about changing operating system on these if possible at any stage.

Message 3 of 15

The Youview platform that the BT boxes use. Was once very good but Youview in the last few months is now starting to feel a little out dated tech wise and the sad closer of the Youview community forums  in July. Where I got to know a few regular posters in there and help.

The BT Pro box and have the IPTV Freeview channels on there is a big improvement but overall I feel the Youview platform is now starting to look a little out of dates and it still can't get some of the Freeview red button channels.

Message 4 of 15

I don’t really see EE TV happening before the end of the year. There are no articles on the web about it (correct me I’m wrong) apart from the rumours which are on this site. My BT TV contract ends in June next year so I was hoping to have new TV options before then. I had a sneaky look at sky stream and they have all the latest apps like Apple TV , music, paramount and YouTube but the only thing I didn’t like the sound of was not being able to record anything. Let’s hope EETV materialises! 

Message 5 of 15

Darren (one of the mods) said it was weeks not months so I hope it's before the end of the year.

There's another 2 channels going next month (CITV (although when I was a kid we didn't have dedicated free channels!) and AMC (not sure if they are going to release AMC+ on the UK, would be more interested in Tubi TBH))

Message 6 of 15

The pro box is better then the tivo one i had with VM tbf
Maybe im easily pleased lol
No set up is perfect but for the broadband being rock solid im happy , the tv set up can only get better going forward
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

Lets hope the rebrand kicks on with more apps and updates to more channels etc
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

From my short experince BT seems to lack any info / change details to users which would help people see whats happening / coming .
Maybe this will change with the rebrand etc .
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

Maybe long term the deal will see more exclusive stuff re discovey and hopefully more apps / channels etc .
AMC is a loss but not a deal breaker for me ....
Far more stuff from the discovery deal already .
But would be cool to get AMC pus , lets see
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

🤔🤫😇

0 Ratings