cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

All emails in my inbox have disappeared

This morning, I open my mailbox and nothing left, all my email from the past until yesterday, all gone. I checked everywhere, spam, junk, deleted, nothing apart from what I have deleted them myself. Even email I forwarded to my wife are disappeared as well. PS. She uses diff server, windowslive. Called BT but said cannot help on it.

Please anyone can help at all. A lot of emails are very important....Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: All emails in my inbox have disappeared

Do you use more than one device such as a mobile phone to check your emails? If so have you checked on the device to see if the emails are there?

If the emails are not on another device and they are not in any of your folders when you check on webmail (logging onto your BTMail account using a browser) it means that they have been deleted and are not on the BT mail servers and will not be able to be recovered.

I will advise the forum moderators to see if there is anything they can do to help but I suspect all they will be able to tell you is which device deleted them. They are very busy at present so it can take up to 24 hours for them to contact you. They will do this by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Hi @Mikeharris07,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community. I'm sorry if your emails are missing.

If you take a look at BT Email: some of my emails are missing. Can I recover them? there are a few things you can check.

What devices do you use to access your emails? Are they set up using IMAP instead of POP?

If you've tried what @gg30340 has suggested and checked another device and webmail. If the emails aren't there then it means that they've been deleted from the BT Email Servers and we won't be able to recover them.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Thanks for getting back to me. I have used iPad and phone with my email for years, never had this kind of problem but suddenly its all gone and even on webmail shows the same things.  It's ashamed I have lost all emails...

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Thanks, looks like its all gone for real...

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

this happened to me at approximately the same time and lost over 10 years of email data.  Despite numerous attempts with tech support, BT have been unable to provide any explanation.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

@logd19 wrote:

this happened to me at approximately the same time and lost over 10 years of email data.  Despite numerous attempts with tech support, BT have been unable to provide any explanation.

This thread is well over a year old!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Misread the date, sorry!

0 Ratings