cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

BT E Mail

Go to solution

Not sure if I am in the right place but apologies if not. I am on a couple of sites where comments are accepted and there is an e mail acknowledgement sent when there is a response to my comment. The e mail addresses are in my safe senders list but the emails are not being received. Any help will be appreciated. Seems to have happened since the e mail change over.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT E Mail

Go to solution

Check that you have not blocked the email address or the email domain (the part after @).

Log onto your BTMail account using a browser, not an email client/app, and then click on your username at the right hand side. Select "Settings" then go to the left hand side and select "Mail". Scroll down and click on "Blocked Senders". Scroll down the list until you find the email address or domain you want to unblock and select it. Click on "delete".

Message 3 of 10

Go to solution
Thank you. Have gone into settings and blocked/safe senders and both seem fine.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

By "both seem fine" I take it you mean they in the safe senders list and are not in the blocked senders list.

Are the email addresses by any chance using the same domain?

Have you tried adding the domain(s) to your safe senders list. ie bt.com

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution
Just rechecked and the address is in the safe senders list but am not seeing any responses in the in box but can see when looking at the thread that there is a response so can't understand why.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Is it possible that the problem lies at your senders end. 

If one of the senders is this forum it is not unknown for the response emails to be in the spam folder or getting lost in cyber space then suddenly they start appearing again.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution
Yes in safe senders list. Unfortunately not sure what you mean by bt.com. I am just going into settings on web mail then mail then safe senders and the address is there. The ones I am expecting to see in inbox are from the same domain. Thanks for your help.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

When I said bt.com it was as an example of a domain so that you would know what is to be added if you include the senders domain as well as the email address.  ie you just need to add the part after the @.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution
Thanks for trying to help. I have got someone tomorrow coming to the house to see what can be done as I don't like this web mail any longer. I saved your suggestion for Thunderbird so hopefully will change to that. Thanks again.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

I used Thunderbird (except when using a lap top on holiday) and it works well. Incidentally I was talking to someone this week who could not get the new BT email to  "forward" and email received from me but he could from other people which is a weird fault. I also noticed when using BT email an email definitely sent by me did not then appear in the sent box.

Why do companies ever change things that work? It is always a recipe for disaster. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.