cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT New email format - looking for a workaround to accidental deletion on mail

Go to solution

Trying to get to grips with the new email format - my biggest bug bear is when I delete an email, the tick box on the email above the email I've just deleted gets "ticked"  - If I don't remember to untick this I can frequently accidently delete this email ? couldn't see anything in the workarounds posted so far  ?

Any tips ?   cheers Matt

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT New email format - looking for a workaround to accidental deletion on mail

Go to solution

Hi Matt, 

I have the same problem.  I have just been onto BT for 45 minutes telling them how rubbish their new email format is.  I got nowhere.  They are reporting it and if enough people report it, then they 'may' do something about it.  I am ready to leave BT.  The fact that no "techy" has answered your problem makes me think it can't be done.  My other three main problems:

1.  The font in replies and compose is ridiculous - massive at first, then tiny if you hit return.  Of course, you can amend it each time with all the fancy buttons, but I don't have time.  I want a default of a NORMAL font which doesn't change itself.  Any tips for this?

2.  A customer email which has been coming into my Inbox for 18 months was suddenly sent into spam.  I don't have spam on my tabs, obviously, so didn't spot the work coming in until too late.  I've obs made it safe sender now, but it shouldn't happen. 

3. I was trying to send two attachments to a van hire company (my driving licence and a bill), and was told I was phishing and basically trying to overrule the world order, and they wouldn't send.  Eventually, my licence attachment on its own and a different bill on its own, were sent!!

The main thing about my 45 minute call was that they could not address any of the issues and wouldn't let me speak to anyone who actually designed the new "improved" email page. 

Sorry for the rant!  Just some solidarity for your issue!

Message 3 of 7

Re: BT New email format - looking for a workaround to accidental deletion on mail

Go to solution

Found it!

Go to settings (who even knew where settings were?) 

Click on your name in right hand top corner. 

Select settings

Choose emails.  

There is a box to untick that says "go to next email after deleting/moving the message above" or similar.  Untick it!  It works!!

The galling thing is that "technical help" could not tell me this after 45 minutes on the phone. F Sake. 

Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
Feel for you Sharon ! I worked in IT for 18 years, and I'm finding the new email platform challenging ! I'm going to have a look at mail client instead of webmail - but to sum up - its a bit pants ! Matt
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Sharon  ! 

Your a star ! thank you ! yep, you spent 45 mins on a helpline that didn't offer this solution  !  I owe you a virtual drink ! (TBH I hated my IT job  ! ) have a groovy day

Cheers

Matt 

Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
Spot on !
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
0 Ratings