cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 261 of 403

Re: BT Webmail Feedback v2 (post 16th April release)

Same here, the new interface is absolute rubbish
Message 262 of 403

Agreed
0 Ratings
Message 263 of 403

Re: Typing an email cursor keeps moving randomly to start and missing out letters

same here. This started today . Both me, on my iPad, and my husband on his laptop, find we can’t type webmail any more. FURIOUS !

0 Ratings
Message 264 of 403

Re: Typing an email cursor keeps moving randomly to start and missing out letters

Good answer, I usually use classicOE , but it’s more convenient to use webmail when I’m using my iPad. Or it was. Shoddy update BT - they should fix it now !

0 Ratings
Message 265 of 403

The point of concern is it changed without user input.
0 Ratings
Message 266 of 403

Oh, you mean every website owner should ask you before they change their website.

Message 267 of 403

I have sporadically been using BT webmail many times over the years and in both the 'old' interface and the new, I've never noticed any problems with jumping cursors or random font changes. I've just tried it again in Firefox and the web version MX_3.5.0, typing lots of random text with or without carriage returns or allowing word wrap and it behaves exactly as I would expect.

This has been the case when using Edge, Firefox or Chrome but the OS has always been Windows on laptops or desktop PCs.

Could the problem be related to the use of iPads/tablets/smart phones when using web browsers on those platforms?

0 Ratings
Message 268 of 403

Doubt it because I have these issues on a laptop running Windows 11 and Edge browser
Message 269 of 403

And I have it on desktop machines running Chrome under Windows 7
0 Ratings
Message 270 of 403

You can easily turn off the coloured icons via unticking the box "show avatar in the message list" in Settings.

I personally find the new interface quite acceptable with the exception of the ridiculously wide left-hand pane (showing the folder list) which can't be permanently adjusted to make it narrower. For some people with quite long personal folder names, this default width may be fine and desirable but otherwise it's mostly just white space.

The width on the previous interface was much narrower by default although it couldn't be permanently adjusted to a user's preference there either. So the only change in this respect has been to considerably increase the default width for no obvious reason.

I also don't like the image 'place holders' handling with possibly large ugly zoomed-in envelope icons but it's a minor quibble.

0 Ratings