X-SID: 126
X-Originating-IP: []

------=_Part_15623_1032787841.1705613019020
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
0 Ratings
Message 22 of 952

Re: BT Webmail Feedback

I have been switched to the new BT mail interface.

Let me quote from a Mediacat website article: "poor advertising experiences not only achieve diminishing return, but actively turn consumers off infringing brands".

I found this after searching for "psychology of annoying adverts".

That annoying and persistent sidebar advert will do nothing apart from driving the customer base to gmail. 

Just an opinion, agree or disagree as you wish. 

Message 23 of 952

Totally agree.

Message 24 of 952

@PeterE17 

My views on the intrusive adverts are shown in message 4 of this thread. 

Apart from seriously hacking off its customers who use webmail, I fail to see what BT hope to achieve with those adverts. They steal screen space and in my view achieve nothing. The information that they are imparting is already shown in the users MyBT and on the BT website. 

I hope for once that the BT Email Team listen to its customers and remove them for good or at least allow them to be closed completely for the duration of the email session.

Message 25 of 952

@gg30340 

Thanks for your reply, I'm sorry I missed your original post and basically restated it. Maybe BT will take notice if enough people say the same thing. 

Ultimately the sidebar will get few if any click-throughs. The human mind will quickly learn to ignore it so it will serve no purpose. 

Message 26 of 952

I sometimes think BT has a deathwish. Or a Gmail mole working in the email department. 😀

Message 27 of 952

Totally agree. The new web system is a disaster all round.
Message 28 of 952

Yes. You could be right. BT need to listen to customers.
Message 29 of 952

Re: BT E Mail

Where's the sender name's dialogue box?

Under the heading "From" in the central frame/pane/whatever, there is a list of sender names - "Tom Jones", "P McCartney" , etc. I'm pretty sure that, in the  old system, hovering over the name with a mouse would bring up a dialogue box showing the underlying domain - "n.ame@fictitiousdomain.com".

This was a useful way of checking for spam or phishing mails.

It now seems you need to find a 3-pixel square sweet spot in the displayed name to get the dialogue box displayed, and even then the dialogue box pops in and out of focus as you hover over and around the name.

A return to the sustained focus on the dialogue box would be most welcome. 

Message 30 of 952

Spaces between each email line since update

Hello

Since the latest update, a space is automatically added between each line in emails. I can't see any option where to change this. Does anyone have any suggestions to try?

Many thanks

0 Ratings