cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 221 of 952

Re: BT Webmail Feedback

Pleased you have reached a conclusion.
I echo you thoughts about the non BT employees who do their best to help.
0 Ratings
Message 222 of 952

I have got so fed up with BT webmail that I have moved to EM client and it is good.
Message 223 of 952

Glad to see people are seeing the light and moving to the proper way to handle email.

Message 224 of 952

With respect while the use of an email client such as Thunderbird is an excellent way to handle email there are very good reasons why the use of webmail is ideal, e.g. when its not your computer/device. Both are "proper" depending on circumstances.

Message 225 of 952

You could use both web mail or mail client depending on circumstances.

0 Ratings
Message 226 of 952

@chywoone 

If you are only ever using your own devices then there is virtually no need to use webmail at all. 

If you set up your email client/app on all your devices using IMAP then all your devices will synchronise with each other and the BT servers negating the need to use webmail other than as you have pointed out if you are not using your own computer/devices.

I always have at least my phone or tablet with me so I can not recall ever having to use webmail on another person's device.

The only time that I access BTMail webmail is when I am trying to assist users on this forum who have a problem with their webmail and I need to see if I can see what the problem is and how to resolve it.

Needless to say I have been accessing webmail very frequently over the past few weeks!

Message 227 of 952

@chywoone 

You can eat soup with a fork, but it isn't the proper tool.

0 Ratings
Message 228 of 952

Webmail is often absolutely essential, particularly when travelling. It is also perfectly reasonable to wish to avoid using other software on the basis that Webmail should work. I have used it virtually since it started, without any problems, and wish to continue to do that.  It was previously stated that it does not work with browsers.  The last 20 years, in my experience, prove that this statement is absolute nonsense. It works when properly designed and, as is the case now, doesn't work when screwed up by incompetent and inadequately supervised programmers

Message 229 of 952

I really can't get my head around using webmail when travelling. Surely you use the mail app on your phone when travelling.

By definition, of course webmail works with browsers, it's just not the best tool for the job. Nowhere has anybody said it doesn't work.

0 Ratings
Message 230 of 952

Email page layout

The column panes are strange on iPad. Software is up to date but the rh column can only be seen by dragging it across the page. The width of the lh file column can be narrowed but it reverts back on each use. Most important is that the ‘view’ facility is not working so ‘none’ cannot be selected but it can on my HP laptop. Any advice please? Ray

0 Ratings