cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 571 of 952

Re: BT Webmail Feedback

I have had a few emails returned as undeliverable, or telling me thathey could not be sent because there was no reciient, when there was. I have decided it is time to investigate a switch to gmail or Outlook.
0 Ratings
Message 572 of 952

I have tried to send the same emails from Outlook and they also came back as "Address not found". As I said in my first post the email addresses I am using are correct as I have been sending regular emails to them for years. 

Both my Outlook account and my Mozilla Thunderbird account are registered under my BT Internet email address. 

I did manage to send myself an email from my BT Internet email address on Outlook and it was delivered ok. So it appears to be a problem with sending emails to an external email address. 

For some unknown reason the BT Email Upgrade! is affecting all my email accounts not just BT. It was fine up until Thursday 29th February. Perhaps the "Leap Year" has also had a hand in this!!!!!!

0 Ratings
Message 573 of 952

I have just sent an email from a gmail.com email address and the same thing has happened. But for some strange reason the "Address not Found" response was sent to my BT Email Inbox and not my Gmail Inbox. 

Why has BT email intercepted and processed my Gmail email?  

0 Ratings
Message 574 of 952

This is the message I am getting no matter which email address I send from. I have changed the email address I am sending to, to protect my privacy. But I think you get the gist.

Address not found
Your message wasn't delivered to **********@*******.co.uk because the address couldn't be found, or is unable to receive mail.
LEARN MORE
0 Ratings
Message 575 of 952

They haven't.

0 Ratings
Message 576 of 952

Thunderbird is strange in as much as it doesn't associate SMTP servers with email addresses, it is possible you are sending your Gmail emails via the BT SMTP server.

0 Ratings
Message 577 of 952

I am getting very confused and possibly out of my depth. 

I just want to be able to send and receive emails as I have been able to do for many years before the changes. I am just a normal email user. Now I can't send emails at all. I have to keep refreshing my BT email in my Browser to get it to work or keep timing out because I have asked it to open a folder or move an email . Or I have to open up new browser tabs to get it to work. 

With regards to sending my Gmail email. I did send it from Thunderbird. I have got absolutely no idea how NOT to use the BT SMTP Server.

0 Ratings
Message 578 of 952

In Thunderbird click on Tools > Account settings > Outgoing Server (SMTP) . You should see a list of servers. Highlight the the Gmail server and click on Set Default.

0 Ratings
Message 579 of 952

Hello
I've followed your instructions. The email sent from my Gmail email address has again bounced back. The "Failure" response email arrived in both my BT Inbox and my Gmail Inbox.
0 Ratings
Message 580 of 952

Do you have any forwarding rules set up?

One thing is absolutely certain, BT cannot interract with your Gmail account, it has to be something at your end.

As for the prime cause of being unable to send, can you confirm you are either a BT broadband customer or paying for Premium Mail.

0 Ratings