cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 721 of 952

Re: Are you unhappy with the new version of email on PC or is it just me?

@pk46 wrote:

BT has to be made to conform to current telecoms practices by Government, OFGEM, Which etc.

I presume you mean OFCOM, who regulate communications and not OFGEM who regulate the power companies.

OFCOM do not regulate email so they would have no power to do anything as regards an email service.

On another type of online service - Ofcom

Why do some broadband providers charge for an email address? - Ofcom

0 Ratings
Message 722 of 952

New email - Reply greyed out

Just had an mail where the Reply and Reply All words are greyed out and can't be selected. Fine with the android app.

0 Ratings
Message 723 of 952

Fully agree

0 Ratings
Message 724 of 952

If you wish to retain your BT email address you need to pay a monthly fee if you switch to using another service such as gmail.
0 Ratings
Message 725 of 952

Of course you don't.

0 Ratings
Message 726 of 952

BT Webmail Feedback

@RogerH27 wrote:
If you wish to retain your BT email address you need to pay a monthly fee if you switch to using another service such as gmail.

That is totally incorrect.

If you move from BT Broadband your email account will be "downgraded"  to a BTMail Basic account which is 100% FREE.

See link

BT Email products | Types of BT Emails | BT Help

You can use as many different email suppliers as you wish regardless of who your broadband provider is. You can have a gmail account and a BT email account at the same time.

0 Ratings
Message 727 of 952

Re: BT Webmail Feedback

I have moved onto EMClient but have still retained my BT account as a safety net.

0 Ratings
Message 728 of 952

@bazred1 wrote:

I have moved onto EMClient but have still retained my BT account as a safety net.

EMClient is an email client not an email service. It is a means of accessing your email service.

An email service is the company that supplies you your email ie. gmail, BT, Yahoo, AOL etc etc

You can use EMClient with any email service. You happen to use EMClient with your BT email service.

Message 729 of 952

Thanks for adding some clarity to email client vs email service.

0 Ratings
Message 730 of 952

But yo only get one email address with BT basic email. If I downgrade to this my wife would loose her Bt email address, which could be grounds for divorce. To keep both emailaddresses requires BT Premium at £7.50 per month.
0 Ratings