Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 821 of 952

Re: BT Webmail Feedback

Hi 

Just wanted to list my issues so that feedback is seen

1.  No lower scroll arrow on email list
  2. EVERY action taken is much slower than it was on the old format
  3. When composing - impossible to copy and paste something without doing it it plain text first then doing it again in rich text. Otherwise all spacing is lost and the text just pastes as one complete block with no formatting.
  4. Paragraph spacing is completely different when composing and the finished article is sent 
  5. Large blue indents too far to the middle when an email becomes a chain and sometimes text just then appears in a narrow column (never a problem before)
  6. Impossible to compose in plain text and no access to formatting icons
  7. Text often jumps back to top of email when composing
  8. Default font sizing is different and inconsistent when composing making it impossible to see what finished email looks like until it's sent!
  9. Emojis are dreadful - some not even obvious what they're supposed to  be.
  10. Font size changes itself when composing and doesn't automatically switch itself even when default has been clicked on.
  11. Regular pop up notices saying 'We're experiencing issues with this service' when trying to perform normal tasks and 'We're experiencing problems right now'
  12. Compose cursor starts halfway down the page
  13. Changing email accounts is very slow and now a 4 step process - this was not a problem on the old format.
Message 822 of 952

@DEM 

That's a good summary, I have the same. So no progress from BT Technicians / Engineers etc.

0 Ratings
Message 823 of 952

Just thought I'd say that I have just composed a long email & it all stayed on the same font and same size font, let me do paragraphs & even let me add bullet points!  I'm in shock 😀  Still many, many things wrong with the system though.

Message 824 of 952

Had several long sessions on BT chat only to discover that I wasn't alone experiencing these issues. No answers other than 'we are working to try and fix it'. Given there are SO many issues affecting SO many people for SO long, I'm utterly bewildered why they released a product 'not fit for purpose' without thoroughly testing it first! Seems to to me they put out the 'back of a **bleep** packet version' then waited for customers to feedback and then attempt to finish the job. Problem is, they are taking far too long to sort it. Unacceptable. 

Message 825 of 952

First time contributor here. Am being driven mad by 'cursor jump' - reverts to the first line literally every thirty seconds.

Respect to the 83 pages of complaints here!  Are we expecting a formal update soon?

Message 826 of 952

I did see this from BT on this site  - hope it helps:

Thanks for your feedback on the latest BT Webmail changes. We’re sorry if you’ve experienced issues with the new version.

We've used your feedback to prepare the next major release, which will address many of the points you’ve raised.

What happens next?

1. Over the next few weeks, we’ll be developing and fully testing the release
  2. We’ll post an update when a launch date is confirmed
  3. We’ll loop back round to hear your feedback after launch

What feedback is being fixed/improved in the release?

Reply to message in external mail account isn’t working

Rules are not set as active by default (check-box not checked)

Double Click on message not always working

Sending a reply doesn’t use and ReplyTo header/address

Line spacing is 1.5 times, however when the message sends, its 1 times spacing.

email compose, if you click on (not CRLF) the 2nd or 3rd line the text is smaller

replying to mail doesn’t use useRichTextEdit setting

Cannot reply to a message when there's no "To" header or "To" has display name but no email address

In the 'Below' view it's not possible to drag the screen down past a certain point.

Default font not shown in rich text compose font menu - not possible to change default font

Autoreply time settings / Checkbox : confusing UX

Click on security-tracking banners doesn’t navigate to the settings

Not able view/preview Content-Type: message/rfc822 attachments

Multi-Message Check Option to Mark 50 messages

Page Unresponsive - If Split Pane Moved up to top in the "below" view

Shared calendar event description not displayed in Monthly View

Contacts - Select all doesn't select the last element of Trash folder

0 Ratings
Message 827 of 952

I know it's been said before but the way to avoid all these hassles is to use an email client. For desktop computers I use Thunderbird, for my Android smartphone I use the client that comes with the phone and for my iPad I use the client that comes with that.
There is absolutely no need to put up with the BT webmail foibles
Message 828 of 952

Good list. Need to add something about images not pulling through despite trying/changing settings.
0 Ratings
Message 829 of 952

@chrisjpwrote:
I know it's been said before but the way to avoid all these hassles is to use an email client. For desktop computers I use Thunderbird, for my Android smartphone I use the client that comes with the phone and for my iPad I use the client that comes with that.
There is absolutely no need to put up with the BT webmail foibles

I believe those on so-called 'Premium' email have no choice, it's webmail only

0 Ratings
Message 830 of 952

Its Basic mail that can only be accessed via webmail. I.e not BT broadband customers and are not paying £7.50/m for premium mail.