cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 811 of 952

Re: BT Webmail Feedback

Hello 

Please could someone help? The original BT email was excellent for accessibility. You could customise colours and scale it without losing functionality. The previous "upgrade" took away much of this and the latest round of "improvements" means I am virtually unable to use it. If I enlarge the screen to read it I lose the Send button, the button to attach files and the options to change font to something more readable. I also end up with a miniscule area in which to type my message. 

I am on the Standard version of BT email as I have BT Broadband. I don't really want to pay an additional monthly fee for the Premium version which is marginally better. 

I feel this latest iteration is barely meeting accessibility standards but have completely failed to find anyone in BT to contact about it. Before I give up and find an alternative email provider, does anyone have any suggestions for how to make this usable for someone with increasing visual impairment?

Many thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
Message 812 of 952

To start you should have a read through the following threads.

Webmail migration update - BT Community

BT Webmail Work Arounds. - BT Community

You should also be aware that BT Premium email and the Standard email are exactly the same product. The only difference is that you pay £7.50 for the premium email.

0 Ratings
Message 813 of 952

@gg30340 

I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I don't think that's a adequate response in this case. Paying attention to the needs of people with special needs is a LEGAL REQUIREMENT, especially for a public service provider like BT, and I think @heatherlodge312 has made an eloquent case for consideration of the degree of compliance of the new interface with the relevant laws.

I urge you to refer this one upwards for formal review.

0 Ratings
Message 814 of 952

@RichardHaselgrove 

As you are well aware, the problems are already known and are apparently being dealt with by BT as per the links I posted.

This thread as you know is being monitored by the email team and I have no more influence or being able to "refer this one upwards for formal review  "  in order to change that situation than you do.

0 Ratings
Message 815 of 952

Re: BT E Mail

NickBS
Community Manager NickBS
Only 17 problems ,- what about all the others -
cnnot change view on an iPad
text from companies/charities is squeezed norrow with text flopwing ontop the next line, making some items almsot unreadable
I know there are more!¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

Message 816 of 952

I spoke to soon (a ref to message 783).

I have now, for the first time since being switched onto the new system, tried it on a mobile device and it's pretty awful.

I found that there is no preview pane on my tablet and no option that I can see to enable it. So when I have my tablet in landscape mode I see a list of emails with lots of wasted white space alongside.

Very amateur!

0 Ratings
Message 817 of 952

I have the same problem on my iPAD - the View options don't work and I am stuck with acres of white space and tiny text,

0 Ratings
Message 818 of 952

I have seen something reported in this thread about Contact Lists, but I don't think it covers my two points here:

(1) Contact Lists accessed by double-clicking on To: or cc: do not show name/title/company, etc before the email address, eg John Smith<jsmith999@btinternet.com> shows only as <jsmith999@btinternet.com>, and therefore of course John Smith does not appear in the To: field in forming the email.  This is particularly unhelpful when you want to reference a named contact in a sales dept, for example, John Smith<sales-teamukgolf.co.uk>.

(2) Once a senders list has been created in To: and cc: fields it is not possible to drag names to re-order within that list, only drag to another field.  Here I am thinking you may decide that for a particular email you want Freda to appear first in a list of recipients as she is the main person.

PS: Thanks for your help; I am finding this forum supportive.

0 Ratings
Message 819 of 952

@PeteTH wrote:

I have seen something reported in this thread about Contact Lists, but I don't think it covers my two points here:

(1) Contact Lists accessed by double-clicking on To: or cc: do not show name/title/company, etc before the email address, eg John Smith<jsmith999@btinternet.com> shows only as <jsmith999@btinternet.com>, and therefore of course John Smith does not appear in the To: field in forming the email.  This is particularly unhelpful when you want to reference a named contact in a sales dept, for example, John Smith<sales-teamukgolf.co.uk>. Check your contacts are populated correctly in the contacts section.  Click on Edit to check that the name fields etc are populated correctly.

If the email address was entered automatically by the email system because you have the Auto Collect activated it obviously does not have the full name etc of the contact. This needs to be entered by you. 

You can check if it is activated by going to the settings then scroll down the left hand column until you see "Contacts" and click on it. Make your selection and click "Save".

(2) Once a senders list has been created in To: and cc: fields it is not possible to drag names to re-order within that list, only drag to another field.  Here I am thinking you may decide that for a particular email you want Freda to appear first in a list of recipients as she is the main person. It loads them in the order you select them. If you want Freda first you will need to select Freda first  or move the ones in the "To" field into the "CC" field then re add the one you want first, in this case Freda  back into the "To" field in your "new" chosen order.

PS: Thanks for your help; I am finding this forum supportive.

Edit: I should have added that I have checked on an account that I have still on the "old" system and the "old" email system added contacts in the same manner as mentioned above and they could not be moved within the field.

Message 820 of 952

Re: New BT E-mail Bugs

There are so many things wrong with the new e-mail. I cannot believe it has been released as ready. Was there no "user testing" ?

1. The cursor acts at random. It just goes back to the start, on it's own.

2. The font size changes at random.

3. The image settings change at random. I click "show all images", and it stays for a while, and then starts blocking them again.

4. You still can't "switch accounts". So I have 2 e-mail addresses, and to use one, you have to log out of the other one. You can't switch accounts like you can in Amazon.

0 Ratings