cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 51 of 952

Re: BT Webmail Feedback

@bazred1 

I don't use it to send email so I really don't have an opinion on it one way or the other.

The only time I do use it is to try and answer questions for users who have not or are unable to work out for them selves how it works or what user changes can be made.

0 Ratings
Message 52 of 952

With respect, as you don't use it for e mails .perhaps you are not fully aware of how poor the web mail is. On a side issue BT sport has moved on to discovery+ which constantly buffers . It never used to so another change that isn't beneficial in my eyes. BT need to up their game. That's just my opinion.
0 Ratings
Message 53 of 952

@bazred1 

My opinion, which I am entitled to use, is that I would not use any webmail platform unless I had absolutely no choice. I use the proper tool for the job and that is an email client or as it is known on my mobile devices, an email app. 

By doing that I have more choice about how I format and use the email service and its interface is not open to being changed by BT or any other email provider.

I would also suggest that even although I don't use BT webmail, I am fully aware of how all of the incarnations of BT Webmail have performed over the years as can be evidenced by the number of responses I have posted over the years trying to assist the users of BT webmail who for what ever reason do not want to use an email client, which if they did would be having none of the issues that have been posted about. 

And as you put it, with respect, I would also hazard a guess that I know more about the way this BT webmail interface works than you apparently do but that is just my opinion.

Message 54 of 952

I am an older person and not IT savvy so accept that you will know more than I. I am using the system the way that I have always used it and the change isn't for the better on web mail. I am stuck between a rock and a hard place as stuck with what I have and don't know where or how to change to something better. Thanks for your response.
0 Ratings
Message 55 of 952

What has being older got to do with it? Not IT savvy, fair enough, being older is irrelevant.

Message 56 of 952

Thanks.
0 Ratings
Message 57 of 952

Hi, Everyone

I'll pass on the feedback. Please keep your posts friendly, we want everyone to feel comfortable when posting.

Cheers

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 58 of 952

@NeilO Could you advise on fonts? When starting an email, I've got 1 line in Arial then 3 lines in an unknown font and then my signature. It is a bit inconvenient to either delete some of the lines or reformat everything before sending.

Message 59 of 952

I have also noticed this, the Add pane is extremely annoying.

Also when you click on an email it automatically puts a tick in the box which makes multiple selection awkward.

This is not an improvement BT

There is a saying. "if it ain't broke don't fix it".

0 Ratings
Message 60 of 952

@AlanH37 wrote:

I have also noticed this, the Add pane is extremely annoying.

Also when you click on an email it automatically puts a tick in the box which makes multiple selection awkward. That is because by clicking on it you have selected it. Try double clicking on it. 

You can then read the email because it has opened in a new a new box/page and you can still make multiple email selections if you need to.

Once you have finished reading the opened email you can either close it or deal with it by clicking on the down arrow at the right hand side or reply by clicking on the reply arrow at the right hand side.

This is not an improvement BT

There is a saying. "if it ain't broke don't fix it".

0 Ratings