cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 31

Blocked Sender

Go to solution

My wife has a regular sender (her sister) who has suddenly (3 days ago) found that all the emails she has sent to my wife are returned as "blocked".  She has checked with her service provider who is of the opinion that the problem lies with us, not hem.  I have had difficulty in trying to find the source of this problem which affects both my wife's  iPhone and iPad.  As far as we can tell, no other sender is having the same problem.

It seems to me that, because the problem affects 2 devices, the problem is likely to affect a common point for both which would be the BT server.  However, in an effort to solve the problem I have:

1.  Checked using my laptop that none of of the "blocked" emails are showing on the BT server.

2.  Shut down and reopened both devices.

3.  Deleted  my wife's sister's email address from my contacts and re-entered it on both devices.

4. Checked that there are no blocked senders in the email app on the  iPhone.  (I cannot find an equivalent facility on the iPad.)

5. Checked that there are no blocked senders on my BT internet account.

Any help would be much appreciated.

0 Ratings
30 REPLIES 30
Message 2 of 31

Blocked Sender

Go to solution

Further to my original post we now find that the sender is blocked from using my email address as well as my wife's.  We have a single account and use 2 separate email addresses attached to the account.

The plot thickens - I will check my email address  for a blocked sender.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 31

Re: Blocked Sender

Go to solution

Log onto your BTMail account using a browser, not an email client/app, and then click on your username at the right hand side. Select "Settings" then go to the left hand side and select "Mail". Scroll down and click on "Blocked Senders". Scroll down the list until you find the one you want to unblock and select it. Click on "delete". Also check for the senders domain, the bit after the @.  If it is there unblock that aswell.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 31

Go to solution

Thanks for this.  I have already checked the blocked senders on the iPhone and on my account and all of them are empty i.e. there are no blocked senders shown.  (See points 4 and 5 on my original post.)  The only outstanding blocked sender is the iPad  where I cannot find any way to access them.  I have posted a request for info on this on the Apple communities website.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 31

Go to solution

Hi @Grumpysam, did you manage to get any help to resolve this on the Apple community?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 31

Go to solution

Hi JohnC2

Not yet.  Unfortunately Apple has changed the way its community works since I last used it and I'm not sure if I posted the query correctly.  I'll check it out and get back to you

Best wishes

Grumpy

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 31

Go to solution

Got a reply from Apple and I designed a simple test: I switched off all my devices - iPhone, iPad, Macbook Pro and iMac - that way they couldn't influence any aspect of the event.  I then got my wife's sister to send me 2 emails, one from her email account and one from her husband's.  Her husband's email came through as expected but hers was blocked.  As I see it, this means that the problem must lie at the BT server as no other device was involved.

Unless you have another suggestion, I'll start a conversation with the help team.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 31

Go to solution

Hi @Grumpysam,

Thank you for posting back. Who is your sister's In-Law's email provider?

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 31

Go to solution

Hi Paddy

It's gmail.com

Sam

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 31

Go to solution

Can your sister in law send email to other BT email customers? If not then it could be that she's sending plain email over port 465 instead of encrypted email over port 995

0 Ratings