cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 101 of 141

Re: Email disconnections have returned

@licquorice 

My bubble has truly been burst.  And there was I thinking they'd done it just for me. But the main thing is that it appears to be working.

0 Ratings
Message 102 of 141

Sorry. 😢  Good to hear its working though.

0 Ratings
Message 103 of 141

I was contacted by someone (from the email team?) who told me that the ongoing disconnections were to do with a fault on a few specific email servers and that I needed to keep clearing my cookies until I got connected to a different server. I agreed to try this, so they closed my case. I have tried clearing all of my cookies (reluctantly) and also just clearing the BT ones, but it has made no difference. I am still being disconnected about twice a day.

Interested to hear that we are all going to be moved to something newer and perhaps better, but I don't know if that will also connect me to a server that doesn't keep disconnecting me?

I cannot keep clearing all of my cookies as I also have a life. 🙂

Message 104 of 141

There is an option in most browser settings to clear cookies on closing browser.

0 Ratings
Message 105 of 141

@licquoricewrote:

Hate to burst your bubble, but that is the new email system that folks are currently being moved to in batches in any case.

Of which I was a 'beta' tester, hated passionately, and asked to be returned back LOL

Message 106 of 141

@licquorice  I don't want to spend all of my time having to look up and re-enter all of my login and other details for numerous websites, though.

0 Ratings
Message 107 of 141

@licquoricewrote:

There is an option in most browser settings to clear cookies on closing browser.

If anyone uses FireFox, it's under 'settings',  then, 'privacy & security'..,.

delete cookies.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 108 of 141

@Sue036 wrote:

@licquorice  I don't want to spend all of my time having to look up and re-enter all of my login and other details for numerous websites, though.

You don't have to. Set Firefox up to remember your logins and they will be automatically populated when you access the website. All you have to do is click enter.

The idea of permanent logins is a complete anathema to me.

Message 109 of 141

@licquorice I don't use Firefox, I use Chrome. 

I do tend to log out of most sites when I'm done with them. The things that go when cookies are cleared are user names, some of which are meaningless character strings imposed by the website and others can be any of a selection of email addresses or other meaningful (to me) character strings. I don't know of a way to clear cookies and not lose all of this. I cannot be constantly consulting my notes and typing all of them in.

0 Ratings
Message 110 of 141

I clear my cookies on closing Firefox and don't lose username or password for sites, I would have thought Chrome was the same. I'll have a play later.

0 Ratings