cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 91 of 141

Re: Email disconnections have returned

@PeterE17wrote:

Thanks again @Stephen5000 , that's perfect. But, to me at least,  it looks like your session is being timed out when you're not using it between 10pm and 8am. A session should last 14 days so you shouldn't need to sign in every morning. 

I'm not sure I understand that. For 30+ years, I have always closed by browser, (without logging off) and put the lid down on my laptop. I'd be horrified to discover on opening my laptop in the morning that I was still logged on!! 😁

0 Ratings
Message 92 of 141

@Stephen5000wrote:

I'm not sure I understand that. For 30+ years, I have always closed by browser, (without logging off) and put the lid down on my laptop. I'd be horrified to discover on opening my laptop in the morning that I was still logged on!! 

We might be at cross purposes. Closing the browser doesn't log you out of BT webmail if you have ticked the "Keep me signed in" checkbox.  Staying signed in doesn't horrify all of us, it's handy to see your mail and calendar reminders with a single click of a favourites button after opening your browser. 

Leaving the box unchecked requires you to sign in every time you close and reopen your browser. Maybe that's what you prefer.

Either way, I shall be trying the "eight-till-late" approach at some point in the future. 

0 Ratings
Message 93 of 141

@Stephen5000 

Why do you have to log back in every morning?  I close down by clicking on "Shut down".  The next day, on my first page, I click on BT Web and I'm away.  I haven't had to sign in for days.

0 Ratings
Message 94 of 141

I absolutely do NOT want my WebMail page to operate the way you guys seem to have it LOL I do not want my email page to remain logged in when I close my laptop which I do by closing the lid. (I do have the box ticked to 'keep signed in').

If I opened my laptop, opened my web browser, and discovered that on opening my BT Email page to find I was still logged in, I'd be on this forum complaining 🤣

0 Ratings
Message 95 of 141

@Froggy_Lady What did they do for you? I was told when I raised a complaint that it was a known issue & would be resolved in 7-10 days. That was back last year. They therefor closed the complaint

0 Ratings
Message 96 of 141

@Stephen5000 wrote:

I absolutely do NOT want my WebMail page to operate the way you guys seem to have it LOL I do not want my email page to remain logged in when I close my laptop which I do by closing the lid. (I do have the box ticked to 'keep signed in').

If I opened my laptop, opened my web browser, and discovered that on opening my BT Email page to find I was still logged in, I'd be on this forum complaining 🤣

We finally agree 😂😂

Although I don't use webmail, there is absolutely no way I want any site to remain logged in overnight. I set Firefox to clear all cookies on shutdown. Apart from the risk of having the laptop stolen with everything still logged in, it leaves an open connection to the server ready to be hacked.

Message 97 of 141

@licquoricewrote:

@Stephen5000wrote:

We finally agree 😂😂

Although I don't use webmail, there is absolutely no way I want any site to remain logged in overnight. I set Firefox to clear all cookies on shutdown. Apart from the risk of having the laptop stolen with everything still logged in, it leaves an open connection to the server ready to be hacked.

Although this is an interesting topic it doesn't really add much to the discussion about email sessions being disconnected and so probably deserves its own thread (before the mods decide the original thread has been hijacked and start another new one). 

0 Ratings
Message 98 of 141

@PeterE17wrote:

@licquoricewrote:

@Stephen5000wrote:

We finally agree 😂😂

Although this is an interesting topic it doesn't really add much to the discussion about email sessions being disconnected and so probably deserves its own thread (before the mods decide the original thread has been hijacked and start another new one). 

Think I'll leave it up to the mods to decide 🤣 @licquorice & I are both grown ups, and would never purposely disrupt a good discussions...

Message 99 of 141

@PaulieDDT 

They set up a new system for me, a new website with coloured boxes with initials against each email received.  It makes it easier to locate each message and, fingers crossed, seems to be working with no disconnection problems so far.

I kept on complaining and emailing the moderators, and wouldn't be fobbed off - even threatening to leave. It must have had the desired effect.  I'm one happy bunny now.

0 Ratings
Message 100 of 141

Hate to burst your bubble, but that is the new email system that folks are currently being moved to in batches in any case.