cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 31

Re: www.bt.com redirected you too many times.

Incidentally, I used the user's login details but on my own PC using Chrome on Windows 10 and had no trouble getting in. So, if the BT site is actually OK then why would numerous browsers all report the same problem at the same time? If, for example, Chrome works OK for someone but not for another and ditto for Edge et al, could it be an intermittent problem with BT? A recent Windows update that has broken a setting or fiddled with something it shouldn't have? The thick plottens!!
Message 12 of 31

Even though DownDetector claims there are no BT problems at the moment, the number of problem reports is showing a pretty sharp increase this morning and I find that suspicious......
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 31

Unable to get into email

This page isn’t working

This page isn't working

www.bt.com redirected you too many times.

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

The above message appears when I attempt to get onto my email. I've never had it before!! I've tried switching off and on. Surely cookies aren't effecting my email!! Please help!

Message 14 of 31

Re: Unable to get into email

Same here. Hope someone here can help.

Message 15 of 31

same here since yesterday, ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS,

Message 16 of 31

I tried re-dumping all browser/caches in Chrome - no effect.
The laptop was swept for malware/viruses and general housekeeping done - no effect.
Incognito mode was tried - no effect.
I tried creating a brand new user profile to use but still no joy.
Completely removed/reinstalled Chrome and at that point I thought I'd try something different, which was mentioned by someone in an earlier post. I tried going to bt.com and selecting the Email option from there. It took me to the login screen where I was able to login to the user's account albeit in a slightly **bleep**-eyed way.

It should flow like this....go to login page, supply details, click Submit, user is presented with their Inbox.

However, in BT World it currently flows like this....go to login page,  supply details, click Submit, user sent back to main BT.com page, click Email, user is presented with their Inbox.

I've never seen the like before. It does the same in Edge too so it's not browser specific. I've either missed something on the laptop or something in BT's email access routine appears to be crocked.

Does anyone from BT read the issues reported in this forum? It would be nice to get some possible solutions without giving up waiting in a phone queue after over 30 minutes listening to the awful on-hold music!

Message 17 of 31

Hello All @Jersey @mikewren43 & @Oggo 

You all using multiple devices? Or Multiple web browsers? Or refreshing the same web page?

these 3 are the most common reasons why… this can be resolved my logging out of every device, clearly cache and cookies on every web browser.

then open a private browser and see if it then works if not you’ll need to call customer services on 0800 800 150.

Hope this helps! 🙂 If you like my reply and
want to say thanks for the helpful answer
then please click on the Kudos on left hand
side 😉 also if I answers your question correctly please let us know by clicking on Mark as Accepted Solution 😄
Message 18 of 31

Email login loops back to Home page

I'm trying to sort out an issue for my cousin who uses BT mail.

Logically, the flow should be...
Go to login screen-submit details-click Submit-user presented with web mail Inbox

However, the flow is this...
Go to login screen-submit details-click Submit-gets returned to Home page-click on Email again-user presented with web mail Inbox

This is in Chrome (newly reinstalled) but the same thing also happens in Edge. All cookies/caches have been cleared, no malware present and the same thing doesn't happen if I test the login on my own PC.

Any idea why this extra step is happening and login takes her back to the Home screen?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 31

Hi all and thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Can you just confirm if you're using a bookmarked link? If so can you try the quicklink at the top right on Broadband, TV Packages, TNT Sports & Mobile Deals | BT and let me know if that helps.

Cheers

David

Message 20 of 31

No it's not bookmarked. I just open up a Chrome tab, go to bt.com and use the Email option in the top right.