cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 167

Re: Email system repeatedly shuts down

Try it on a fresh install of a different browser such as Firefox if you don't want to clear your present browser.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 167

Thanks but I shouldn't have to use a different browser to send email.

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 167

@MNarshall wrote:

Thanks but I shouldn't have to use a different browser to send email.

Neil

I am not asking you to. In fact I am not asking you to do anything. I am asking @PeterE17 to try it to see if it is a cookie issue.

I will happily leave you to it now.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 167

me too
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 167

@gg30340 I don't think that trying another browser would help unless we know the BT "official" time out value.  Without this value it won't be possible to distinguish between a planned time out and a system problem.  As it has been established that the problem goes across at least two browsers the tech team have plenty to work on.  Plus, I'd find it tricky to monitor another browser; other things to do and all that. 

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 167

The whole concept of using a web browser to collect email is totally alien to me. Just download a free email client such as Thunderbird and enjoy a far superior experience without the problem you are currently experiencing.

Message 17 of 167

Thank goodness - I thought it was just me.  Having to sign in again every few minutes if I change a page is getting very boring.  What is BT going to do about it to fix this annoying problem?

Message 18 of 167

I am sure BT are looking at this. If you are using Edge then use a private browsing session and see if that helps?

As we can't fix the problem ourselves as users, I am just trying to help with a temporary suggestion until the problem is resolved. 

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 167

I'm not using Edge but Firefox on Windows 11.  I wonder how many hundreds if not thousands of BT customers are just putting up with the inconvenience and don't know about Community - and they're not alone.

The joys of modern technology!

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 167

I've been logged in for hours without being kicked off, so it doesn't look like it is everyone. 

I am using Microsoft Edge on Windows 10. 

I'll put my thinking cap on and see if I can think of anything else that may help.

As much as I know you shouldn't have to use another browser - have you tried it? 

Chrome only takes a couple of minutes to download and install and if that solves the problem in the short term then surely worth a go???

Roger

0 Ratings