Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 61 of 175

Re: Links in emails not opening in new browser tabs

Go to solution

@scharterwrote:

@Sue036 

@licquorice 

Hi Sue, yes, I have the same issue using webmail   I see BT had responding, but posted anyway to add weight to the number of users affected.

I love that train of thought. BT know of the fault, and are going to fix it, but the added weight of yet another complaining post will make them fix it faster - right? 😁

0 Ratings
Message 62 of 175

Go to solution

I started experiencing the exact same problem on Tuesday 9th August. 

I contacted BT via WebChat and was told it was a Microsoft issue. I contacted Microsoft who confirmed it was not their issue as it was not caused by my browser or my computer. 

I then recontacted BT on WebChat again. The person I chatted with denied it was  BT issue indicating it was either myself the user or my computer. They wasted a very long time getting me to clear my browser history and cache which as you know causes other problems. 

After nearly 2 hours of communicating with BT I was no further forward. 

I have "life limiting" health conditions (my problem not anyone elses) and cannot afford to waste two hours of my life on an issue that BT should have acknowledged was an issue with them as they were the only ones causing this issue for me and many others. 

My current Broadband package with BT is due for renewal soon. I think you can all guess what I will be doing as this is no way to treat customers who pay a hefty price for a service that falls short. 

And a big thank you to "Sue036" for posting on here in the first place. 

0 Ratings
Message 63 of 175

Go to solution

@scharter  I've no idea where you get the idea from the BT mail is incompatible with Apple Mail

Message 64 of 175

Go to solution

@Molly4wrote:

...BT should have acknowledged was an issue with them as they were the only ones causing this issue for me and many others. 

To be fair on BT, they employ in excess of 90,000 people in the UK. It would be unwise to think that they all have instant access to every fault their network/systems throws up.

0 Ratings
Message 65 of 175

Go to solution
As I was communicating with the "Email Technical Team" then I would think they would have some knowledge of this "Email Problem". Of course I would not expect the Email Technical Team to know about faults affecting other services provided by BT that do not directly affect users usage of email.
0 Ratings
Message 66 of 175

Go to solution

@Molly4wrote:
As I was communicating with the "Email Technical Team" then I would think they would have some knowledge of this "Email Problem". Of course I would not expect the Email Technical Team to know about faults affecting other services provided by BT that do not directly affect users usage of email.

Again, to be fair on BT, the fault was only recognised due to this forum, and confirmed on the 11th @12pm, so how anyone in 'BT email help' prior to that would know anything was wrong, would be impossible...

0 Ratings
Message 67 of 175

Go to solution

@licquorice 

Because it isn't. If you try to add the BT mail client to Apple mail, it refuses to accept email address and password. If you'd care to search, you'll find a myriad of threads saying the two are imcompatable. Each blaming the other.
Changed everything possible, IMAP, protocols etc.
If you do actually do know better, I would be delighted if you can enlighten me, and the rest of the world who use Macos and BT Mail.
Many thanks for you help.

0 Ratings
Message 68 of 175

Go to solution

@Stephen5000 

Hopefully, if you have experienced the expediting of BT fault fixing!

0 Ratings
Message 69 of 175

Go to solution

It is compatible. There are thousands of BT email users that use Apple mail. If it is not working for you, there is a fault, not incompatibility.

BT mail uses industry wide standards for IMAP, SMTP, and POP3.

Message 70 of 175

Go to solution

@Stephen5000  Rubbish, any software update should go through extensive beta testing and UAT (User Acceptance Testing) before being released to the real world.

0 Ratings