Message 44 of 56

Re: New BT Email - Can't log out

Go to solution
Done, so now at complaints stage and ??? ever hopeful! GS
0 Ratings
Message 45 of 56

Go to solution
I had a friend who worked for BT years ago when an upgrade caused problems. he gave me an email of somebody very high up. He sorted new cabling, wiring and work inside. Just a pity he now longer works there! Retired long ago. GS
0 Ratings
Message 46 of 56

Go to solution
You can fix the greyed-out images by going to settings -> mail -> block images and ticking Allow All Images. But like other fixes on new BT email, it doesn't stay fixed for long. (It's another bug)
Settings is on the feint blue drop down arrow beside your user email name at top right of the email screen.
0 Ratings
Message 47 of 56

Go to solution

There is obviously a bug in the log out section. If you can not log out you need to completely close your web browser by going into the Task Manager. To do that press the following keys... Ctrl , Alt,  Delete all at the same time then click on the Task Manager or to take you directly to the Task Manger press Ctrl, Shift and Esc all at the same time.

When there you will see your web browser listed near to the top on the left hand side. Right click your mouse over it and you will get a drop down box. Select "End Task".

This will close your browser fully. 

When you reopen it go to the BTMail log on page BTMail 

If the "Keep me signed in" box is ticked try logging on and then log out to see if you are the required to log in again. 

If it is unticked, tick the box then log back in and once logged in, log back out and then try logging in again to see if it now requires you to log in again.

0 Ratings
Message 48 of 56

Go to solution
Thanks, much appreciated. Will try this later, need to collect my grandson.
THANKS TO EVERYONE ON HERE WHO HAVE TRIED TO HELP. MUCH APPRECIATED. GS
0 Ratings
Message 49 of 56

Go to solution
Thanks, I have done that a few days ago. GS
0 Ratings
Message 50 of 56

Go to solution
Killing off the web browser only worked for me on Windows 10. When I tried it on my wife's Windows 11 it didn't have the required effect. I resorted to deleting the suspect BT cookies. This work fine on my Windows 10 and wife's windows 11 laptops but after a few days the bug resurfaced on both laptops on the same day, so I did it again.
0 Ratings