cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 51 of 56

Re: New BT Email - Can't log out

Go to solution
UPDATE! Following my complaint to BT I have just had a telephone conversation with a pleasant young lady over the issues. Apparently, it is all to do with Windows 8 which is not supported! I did say look at the forum and you will see that others eg Edge, 10, 11 and Firefox also have the same problems. The team looking at the 'bugs' - not 'bugs' to BT will be trying to sort the problems soon, but once sorted I probably won't be able to log in at all. The answer seems to be to use my ipad! Rather difficult when all my website, books and years of photographs etc. are accessible on my PC and I need email to send things from there elsewhere. Oh, or create a gmail account! I am keeping the complaint open and await their phone calls where I will repeat the same things until perhaps BT can sort it. Disappointing results, but at least pleasant staff to speak to. GS
Message 52 of 56

Go to solution
Hi, I've been able to stop this happening by deleting the BT.Com cookies. BUT this only works for a few days, and then it comes back again. The other thing I've noticed is that if you don't tick 'keep me logged in' it no longer times you out if you leave it unused for a whole day like it did in the previous BT email. In other words clicking 'keep me logged in' now has no effect whatsoever. "it is all to do with Windows 8" with the impication that Windows 10 & 11 are OK is a load of b*ll*cks.
0 Ratings
Message 53 of 56

Go to solution

I have the same problem. We have two email addresses in the household. When I select logout from the drop down window, it does not show the login screen, but reloads my email again. I am using Windows 10. But It only happens on Google Chrome, which is what I mainly use on my PC.  I do not have the problem on Microsoft Edge. So for me it seems to be a problem with BT Email support for Google Chrome. 

0 Ratings
Message 54 of 56

Go to solution
Thanks, same problems with various options and BT know it is a problem as told today by BT that they will look at it soon. Have to wait and see. Also not migrated email addresses from PC based email to my ipad. Never troubled with this before new email. A pain! Thanks, GS
0 Ratings
Message 55 of 56

Go to solution

I have the same problem, I'm on Windows 10, using the latest Google Chrome, went just now to check my mothers email box and can't log out of my email account.  BT email just refreshes and I'm straight back in!  I will look at the cookies etc, but how ridiculous, this has never happened before, what have you done BT?

0 Ratings
Message 56 of 56

Go to solution
It is a nightmare, but BT don't seem too bothered about it yet numerous customers have complained. When I complained about having just renewed my broadband and mobile (now EE) and how expensive it was, I was told BT email is free! No good if it doesn't work properly across all platforms. GS
0 Ratings