cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 14

Re: No access to the BT Website

@podpod 

If when setting up your BTID you used your BT account number you should be able to log onto your MyBT which should be where you manage your BT account. You then go to "Your Products" then "Email, manage".

This should take you to your email accounts that are part of your BT account. It will show how many email addresses you have and if any have been given to friends or family 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 14

Thanks for trying gg30340 but that does not (at first sight) seem to work anymore. 

I log into MyBT and I see my account number and it says welcome back XX. 

Below the blue banner with BT, Broadband, TV, Sport etc there is a row which says 

MyBT, Your Bills and usage, Your Products, Your security, Your details. 

So I click on “Your products” and get a page with a row which says - Overview, Broadband, Landline

Down from that are pretty pictures with buttons where the topics are - Boadband, Landline, TV, Sports, Mobile - all no doubt designed to sell me stuff rather than be a helpful user interface. 

Then down the bottom it has “Included in your product” below which is Email with a button for Manage and BT Wi-fi with a button for Learn more. 

So I press the button for Email - Manage and it gives me a log on page which may be for my BT account or an email address.No point in logging in to an individual email, address so I try to log into my  BT account - which I am already logged into surely!. 

Well surprise it actually then does take me to a page which says I have used 5 of my 11 email addresses of which 2 are active. I know my three are working but are not shown. It does show my wife’s two and shows her main one is locked and her anti spam one is active. Oddly it says I have given 3 addresses to friends and family but does not say which. 

Clicking further - Strangely it says that my three addresses are the ones given to friends and family. Maybe this is due to me having set up a new BTid in order to try to resolve the Login issue. 

All my three addresses are said to be active. Clicking on the button for “See Options” of one of them just just gives me the option to remove it from my account. No option to link it to my BTid. 

Having clicked on my wife’s locked account I was able to unlock it and then she was able to reset the password. Some weeks ago she had been unable to log in as the password remembered on her laptop did not work and several attempts resulted in her being locked out. Why her password was not remembered correctly by the browser’s password manager we do not know. 

Now I see that for my wife’s two email addresses if i click on the “See Options”button one of the options is to “Add to BT ID” Do I want to do that or should my wife make her own BTid? I’d rather she had the email addresses independently. So if we stopped the BT account she would have her own BT basic email if we did not pay for the overpriced Premium email at £7.50 per month. Myself I made Gmail (free) my main email address some years back due to BT cutting me off from emails forwarded from my domain name.  Several weeks of emails to me just dumped by BT and no way to find out what I may have missed. 

So I still have some hours of work to do to find out how to  make my email addresses mine and my wife’s classed as ones associated with my account. 

I wonder what happens if I log in using my old BTid?  

All the above I write in case it helps others more than expecting to get help from BT about how to navigate their caves and dungeons while avoiding the dragons.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 14

I think that setting up a new BTID has confused the issue and will need to be resolved by BT intervention.

I would suggest that you do not try anything else at this stage as it will probably result in ending up down a rabbit hole.

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They will advise you by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 14

Hi @podpod, sorry you're having trouble with your BTID and email accounts. I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team for help with this.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings