cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Problems logging into email

Hi.  We have been with BT for ages and have more than one email address.   One is not actively used except it is also the MyBT ID.  We can no longer access that email.  At first using the original password we had a message to say ID entered incorrect.   We have changed the passwords and now when we press enter, it just returns the sign in blank fields.  We can access the email we use regularly, and can access the account.  Can the email have been cancelled due to it not being used without us receiving a notification (I thought it was linked to another device but can't be sure).

At this point I have been round and round the Help section, wasted time and got nowhere.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Problems logging into email

It has quite probably been deleted.

Does it appear in the list of email addresses in your MYBT?

MYBT > Products > Email > Manage

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi

Yes (although I cannot get into that either at the moment).  I have changed the password recently.   It is also the one for our BT ID and when we upgraded the agent said he had to send the contract there.   

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

If it wasn't the ID and the official address on the account I wouldn't bother

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Sorry, me again!  The website has now updated, and yes, you are correct, they have deleted the email account that is our ID and, yet, sent the contract to it.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

You can change your BTID to another active email address.

See link

Changing your BT ID username and security details | BT Help

0 Ratings