cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 25

Re: 554 Message rejected for policy reasons

Go to solution

Hi there,

I'm having this exact same problem.    I'll email the post master too,  but is there anything you can do to help? 

i'm also sending a single email to a single BTinternet address from a gmail account]

thank you

0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25

Go to solution

Hi @dshamilt 

It’s so frustrating isn’t it. I never heard back from the postmaster.

However the forum moderators, @JohnC2 and @NeilO in my case, were extremely helpful. They discovered my gmail address had got onto a btinternet.com spam list and they quickly got it removed. 

Hopefully they’ll see these messages and help you. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 25

Go to solution

Hi @dshamilt, welcome to the forum and I've moved your post to create your own thread as the previous thread is resolved. Sorry that you're getting this error. 

Have you checked IP address to see if it is on a Blacklist?
Are you using an VPN?

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 25

Go to solution

Hi John,

I've tried from different laptops and mobiles,  on 4g 5g and various wifi networks. 

I'm just using the standard gmail application within browser.

I'm not using any type of VPN

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.  I tried gmail.com on the link you sent through and no joy,  just came back as all clear

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 25

Go to solution
thanks so much for the tip. I'm sure that's my same problem.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 25

Go to solution

Hi @dshamilt you need to put your IP address into the link @JohnC2 posted. You'll get your IP address by typing what's my IP address into google. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 25

Go to solution

I'm teethering on 5g at the moment and this came back from the blacklist check;

"This IP is listed in the Policy Blocklist (PBL)"

the strange this is,  i'm not running my own mail server and i've having the same problems from various wifi networks and i'm just using googles standard gmail,  from a browser

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 25

Go to solution

Try turning your BT Hub off for 15/30 mins. This should cause an new IP address to be issued which will hopefully resolve your problem.

EDIT: Just re read all the thread. I note you are using 5g so ignore the above information as it is obviously not relevant.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 25

Go to solution

Hi @dshamilt if your IP is on a block list you'll need to raise that with your 5g provider as we can't remove IP addresses that belong to other ISP's. When connected to wifi can you do the same check to see if that IP is also on a blocklist?

You may also need to get in touch with Gmail for assistance with this as they should be able to interrogate their server logs to try and understand why this is happening.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 25

Go to solution

Hi Neil,

I really don't think it's my wifi network or 5g IP that's blocking these emails.  I think that's only if i'm trying to host an email server over these IPs ?

I've also just done a test from the exact same laptop,  same wifi network,  sending to the same @btinternet.com address,  BUT using a different gmail account.     This goes through fine,  so i feel there must be an issue with BT accepting this specific gmail address ?

Can you check if my email address i've detailed (linked to this forum account), is on any BTinternet blocked list ? 

0 Ratings