cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: Email account

Go to solution
Many thanks for your reply. I'm still working with an older PC and Google but all other websites work OK. I can get into MyBT from the MyBT Link. I'm using the correct BTemail link which often loads MyBT instead of email, leave it up to an hour and try again and it usually works. Since last Wednesday the email won't load at all it only reloads the log in page. I've tried my old IE browser and that does the same. Over the weekend I've been thinking a seem to remember I had the same problem some years ago and Tech Support were able to resolve the problem remotely but correcting some settings but what settings and how I haven't a clue. I've tried contacting Tech Support this morning but got cut off before the problem was resolved. TS asked me to download the Microsoft Edge Browser but I've looked and there appear to be problems with it for W7 so not sure if another one will work.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

@Redlollipop is it possible for you to download and try an alternative browser like Firefox to see if that helps?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution
Thank you for your advice. I don't think I need to do that now since I had time to contact Tech Support yest. (Wed) explained in detail the problem and was advised to clear Google again. I thought I had done that last week but I hadn't cleared cache. I cleared Google again, cache, cookies and history and keeping my fingers crossed it's working OK now, twice so far. I was also advised to clear Google every 14 days so I'll try that from now on.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution

Thank you everyone for your replies to my post with all of your very helpful advice. I hadn't had the time to contact Tech Support until Wed.  I gave all the info regarding the problem accessing my email and it was very helpful.  It was suggested that I clear Google again, this time including cache, which I have never done previously.  I was advised to clear the info. every 14 days and I'll continue to do that.  I've accessed email twice so far, so hope that the problem is resolved, now to get to work on the email backlog.  Thank you again for all of your help and advice, much appreciated and I'm most grateful.  Typing I can do, technology not good.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

@Redlollipop Brilliant, I'm glad you got sorted in the end.

Thanks

Neil