cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 101 of 105

Re: Not Resolved - Unable to log in to email - Help!

Go to solution

@pumagirl123 The issue in regards to this thread is resolved.  Your message about VPN access is a security restriction put in place to protect access to MyBT and accounts. See my other post about this: https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/VPN-and-webmail/m-p/2239372/highlight/true#M101388

You should be able to still view emails using an email client application but you won't be able to login to MyBT or BT webmail using a third party VPN.

0 Ratings
Message 102 of 105

Re: Unable to log in to email - Help!

Go to solution
Thank you Robbie for update. What caused the issue? Was it BT's
fault? It would be nice to have some further explanation of who,
or what caused the problem.
0 Ratings
Message 103 of 105

Go to solution
jac_95, thank you for your response. I have read the link you have supplied dated 2 July.
Can you then shed light as to why I have been using Bitdefender VPN for 12 months and up until 2 days ago (18 July) logging in, as normal using VPN and gaining full access to my email, some 16 days after your post regarding VPN and webmail.
Therefore is it fair to say that the security restriction put in place to protect access to MyBT and accounts as written above has not been effective in the 12 months I have been using VPN to access BT email and Accounts??
0 Ratings
Message 104 of 105

Go to solution

@pumagirl123 wrote:

I have just posted a reply to Robbie as per the 'Now Resolved' to Unable to log in to email.

This has not been resolved as far as I'm concerned, if you read my message.

I have to turn off Bitdefender VPN to log in to BT email.  Therefore I cannot log in as normal

As said previously, thank you for the update, but...

It would appear that your original post ended up being hijacked when the "larger" problem regarding logging on happened. It was obviously a different problem to what you are experiencing and are not connected.

I would suggest that you start a new thread giving as much detail as possible about your problem and what you have tried to do to resolve it. 

Hopefully this will result in your problem being dealt with and will not get lost amongst another non related issues.

0 Ratings
Message 105 of 105

Go to solution
I was unaware when starting this thread and having seen so many other customers having the same logging in problem with their emails who have added to it...I could not log in. I had no reason to believe at that time that Bitdefender VPN was the cause of my issue.
Only when I tried to log in again with the same result, it then became apparent reading the responses that the issue was resolved by a number of others stating they could now login. However, I still had the problem.
I then turned off the VPN whilst still trying to login on the login page, as soon as I did that it automatically opened the email. That's when I realised that the VPN may be the cause here.
Thank you for your time
0 Ratings