cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

typing an email

When I am typing an email, the curser keeps jumping back to the beginning and, if I do not notice, the new words appear at the beginning of the message.  It also changes font size half way through the message.  How do I get this to stop?

Also, when viewing the message list, it keeps ticking the next box with the result that I accidently move emails to a folder, or delete them.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: typing an email

I have exactly the same problem it is really frustrating  it never happens  with gmail or outlook what is wrong with BT email

Message 3 of 6

Re: typing an email

@steve107 wrote:

When I am typing an email, the curser keeps jumping back to the beginning and, if I do not notice, the new words appear at the beginning of the message.  It also changes font size half way through the message.  How do I get this to stop?

Also, when viewing the message list, it keeps ticking the next box with the result that I accidently move emails to a folder, or delete them.

The curser jumping has been a problem since the "update" of the BTMail User Interface. BT have claimed to fix it but there are still reports of it jumping for some users.

As regards the next box being ticked:-  To stop the next email being selected when moving or deleting an email go to the settings found by clicking on your user name at the top right then go to “Mail” in the left hand column. Then in the General Settings untick the box “View next mail after delete/move”. Then click “Save”.

The best way to resolve all the problems with the BTMail User Interface is to download and use a free email client or email app such as Thunderbird. This does not mean a different email address or system it is just using a different way of accessing your email account.

If you use your email on a mobile device such as a phone or tablet you are more than likely already using an email client or app. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Typing an email

Just a thought, the text  doesn't seem to jump  when I use the server  outlook

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Re: Typing an email

That's not a server, it's a client and no, there won't be a problem using a client, the problem is with the web interface.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Re: Typing an email

I

@vah wrote:

Just a thought, the text  doesn't seem to jump  when I use the server  outlook

If you mean when you use Microsoft's webmail  (using a web browser) service Outlook.com the reason the text does not jump is because Outlook.com is a totally different email service and has nothing to do with BT or BTMail and as such why would it have the same problems as BTMail.

If you mean the email client/app called Outlook that is because it is an email client/app which is what I suggested in message 3 that you uses to access BTMail.  

Once you establish which "Outlook" you are referring to post back and let us know.

0 Ratings