cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 41 of 61

Re: why doesn't the Search facility work in my BT emails?

0 Ratings
Message 42 of 61

Not good, is it?

0 Ratings
Message 43 of 61

Agree.  The font keeps changing itself, and it's only recently that BT managed to fix the fact that the cursor was continually moving back to the beginning of the email.   There's something really wrong with it and it seems beyond all human intelligence to sort it out.

I can't fault BT for getting back to me regularly when I initially complained, but all that seems to be happening is that they're 'working on it'.   As I told them over the phone, I didn't ASK for this tweak to the system, it was forced on me, and things were working OK before - but now we're lumbered with something substandard.  Why, oh why do they keep changing things?

0 Ratings
Message 44 of 61

Hi David, I agree and believe me I have complained to them in a very forthright manner!   But to be honest, I don't think they know how to sort it out.   Yet again something's been altered for the sake of it, no proper test drive beforehand, so the end user gets lumbered with the problems, such is life.   I did tell BT that I wasn't paid to test drive their system, I'm paying for a service that works, and if they want me to 'test drive' the problems they'll have to pay me.  All you get are sympathetic murmurings and apologies.

0 Ratings
Message 45 of 61

I think just be the 'creaking door' and keep on and on to them is my advice.....quite frankly, I'm beginning to think they haven't got a clue how to resolve it.

0 Ratings
Message 46 of 61

Hello maggie8 and others.

Thank you for the replies

I'm 81 now and have been involved with IT and electrical engineering when I was working for over 60 years. My complaint would go to the CEO of BT and make it known that the media are always interested in the dirt on big corporations. Then outline how bad the EMAIL setup has been and is going forward. 
I shall compose an email over the next couple of days and let you know if I receive any reply.

The more people actively do something usually get results of some kind.

0 Ratings
Message 47 of 61

Hi All, sorry you're having difficulty with the search facility. Please check that conversation view is switched off and see if that helps.

Cheers

John 

0 Ratings
Message 48 of 61

Er, is this another stab in the dark, John?  I'd personally like to submit my invoice for checking BT's system for them, when the system should be presented to the PAYING customer fully-functional.

Sort it out and let us know, please.

0 Ratings
Message 49 of 61

Yes to confirm that it is nothing to do with the conversation view - it is the same result either way, on every device etc etc

i think users deserve a proper response and investigation.

Otherwise, as a journalist, I see no alternative but to escalate this issue.

BTs technical response has been shameful.

0 Ratings
Message 50 of 61

Hello mflanigan (hope i got that correct)

I have been warned off from informing other community members, of the CEO of BTs email address. I agree totally with your sentiments. The **** that is BT Email has gone on long enough. To be warned off by I suppose, another member or moderator suggests some BT incestual control or something like that in the community.

See what you can do and good luck. David

0 Ratings