cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 30

Re: BT Digital Voice

Go to solution

@Bug 

Have you contacted your alarm company who should be well aware of the changes to VOIP and asked what they can do to help you?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 22 of 30

Go to solution
Hi you say you plugged the alarm into the adapter. How did you do this? did you have to connect wires and put a phone plug on the other end? My alarm says line failure.
0 Ratings
Message 23 of 30

Go to solution

Hi there, yes I’ve got the same system with the dialler and it worked perfectly straight away when I connected the adapter.  The adapter is plugged into a normal socket next to my alarm control box and the little lead with the phone socket that comes from the bottom of the alarm control box goes into the adapter rather than a bt socket.  Hope this helps.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 30

Go to solution

Hi there, yes I’ve got the same system with the dialler and it worked perfectly straight away when I connected the adapter.  The adapter is plugged into a normal socket next to my alarm control box and the little lead with the phone socket that comes from the bottom of the alarm control box goes into the adapter rather than a bt socket.  Hope this helps.

Ps I did try to attach a photo but it wouldn’t accept it.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 30

Go to solution

Yes I did.  My alarm has a short cable that comes out from the underneath of the control box which has one of those small little bt connectors on it that used to plug into the bt socket.  But that cable with the little connector now plugs into the top of the adapter instead of the old bt phone socket.  Have you set up the adapter as per the leaflet so that the green light is illuminated on the front of the adapter.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 30

Go to solution
The newest personal alarm units have a SIM installed and so work completely independently from your landline. In fact you can still have the alarm service without a landline at all and the units have a backup battery pack which should last for days in the event of a power failure. Please speak to your alarm service provider for reassurance.
Message 27 of 30

Go to solution

Thank you for your reply.  I did not have the phone connector coming from the alarm box but my clever husband was able to connect one up and as you said put it into the adapter. Alarms working great now. 

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 30

Go to solution

Oh I’m really happy to hear that.

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 30

Go to solution

So glad I found your post regarding a personal alarm and Digital Voice. I am awaiting connection to BT and will now ask for one of the adaptors. If I had had a fall, I would be waiting a long time for someone to come and help me get up again (oh, the joys of getting old with a disability!)

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 30

Go to solution
Great to know this, thank you
0 Ratings