cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT Phones

Go to solution

Why does BT keep on sending me emails trying to flog me Cordless phones as a knock down offer as we all know they're trying to sell us devices that will be of no use in three year's time. I have to admit that despite thinking I was one in the know, I hadn't realise that PSTN was being terminated in three year's time!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Phones

Go to solution

@HHGTTG wrote:

Why does BT keep on sending me emails trying to flog me Cordless phones as a knock down offer as we all know they're trying to sell us devices that will be of no use in three year's time. I have to admit that despite thinking I was one in the know, I hadn't realise that PSTN was being terminated in three year's time!

They can still be used, they are not becoming obsolete, they just plug into the phone socket on the BT Smart Hub 2, and will work just as they did  before.

I suspect the BT Shop is just trying to shift older stock.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Well I have the old BT Home Hub 3, I think and have ADSL piggy backed on my telephone line to my house.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

If/when you're moved to Digital Voice I believe you will be sent a SH2. If you move ISP then they will either provide their own router with an analogue port or you can buy an ATA (analogue telephone adapter) to use your analogue phones with any VOIP provider.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@HHGTTG wrote:

Well I have the old BT Home Hub 3, I think and have ADSL piggy backed on my telephone line to my house.

Well if you are still on ADSL broadband using the home hub 3, then its going to be a while before Digital Voice gets forced upon you, as the priority is on FTTP and FTTC connections.

I am still on ADSL, despite BT persuading me to "upgrade".