cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

BT Smart Hub 2 and Digital Voice Adapter

Go to solution

I am trying to set up a Digital Voice Adapter, but the green light on the Adapter does not sync with my Smart 2 Hub. The Adapter is 15 inches away from the Hub.
After pressing the WPS button on the hub and quickly on the adapter (6 secs), the green light flashes rapidly indicating that it is trying to register, but then goes back to a slow flash and not a steady green light.
The instructions seem to suggest that I need to change the base PIN on my BT Smart Hub 2 to default 0000. However, I cannot find anything in the Hub Advanced Settings about a 'PIN' only about the Admin Password, and that currently has 8 characters, the same 8 characters that it came with. Is it the Admin Password that needs to be changed to '0000' or something else?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT Smart Hub 2 and Digital Voice Adapter

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Unfortunately that does not answer either of my questions.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

If you go to hub manager then select phone number which should be blue then can you register the adapter from there

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

OK. That 'phone' section currently is still grey, so I assume that only when I have been switched to digital will it go blue and I can then set up the Digital Voice Adapter. So I cannot setup the Adapter in advance of being switched?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Correct

Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks.

Of course it would be useful if that was in the instructions.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

I've also been trying to link my Digital Voice Adapter to my Homehub so that I'm ready for the transfer. 

Absolutely astonished to find that the BT instructions for installing the adapter make no mention of this not being possible in advance!  Have already spent some time trying to get the adapter and homehub to link and would have wasted more without this helpful query/response.

Thanks BT customers!

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution
Also astonished and very annoyed if it is the case that you can not pair up until the switch over . I spent 2 hours trying and retrying - just the flashing light !! It nearly went out of the nearest window.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

@jim999 

as has been posted before you will not be able to pair adapter or phones until hub shows phone line active for digital voice

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings