cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: BT answer machine doesnt work with Digital

Go to solution

Hi,

Mine is the same ! I have set 1571 to longest rings and my phone to shortest but still won't record a message.

Do i need to update my phones to later model  ? I currently have BT3880 Trio.

Many thanks 

Peter

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 19

Go to solution

Hi WSH,

Its Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Ok all fine now thanks again for your help yesterday with final setup on SH2 with Draytek on EWAN.

Just running through phone checks and the information in this post for phone setup.

Currently my DECT BT Advanced Z phone is set at 5 rings for answer machine rings, the My BT on line manage voice essentials is set at maximum rings for answer machine as per advice in these posts concerning answer machine issues.

Sadly my DECT BT Advanced Z phone  base is not capturing the voice message when left, nor does the base "Play" button flash to indicate that a message has been left.

Any advice is welcomed.

Thanks again Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 19

Go to solution

Sorry, can’t really help in this case.

My own answer phone is a Panasonic cordless.  As I said in message 5, the Panasonic is set to 5 rings and the 1571 is set to 7 rings and it all seems to work.  I would have thought a BT own brand phone would work but I’ve no experience with them.

I’m retired IT myself, so telecoms is not really my field.  There are others on here that know more about is sort of area than me.  I’m sure one of them will pick it up.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 19

Go to solution

Hi WSH,

No worries, thanks as always for your prompt replies it is very much appreciated................Hmmmmmmmmmmm

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 19

Go to solution

SORTED ! After a lengthy chat with BT tech, he removed the 1571 voicemail and my answerphone works as normal.

Not sure but I think you maybe able to do this in 'My Products' Digital Voice Essentials. 

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 19

Go to solution

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your response.

From what I can see one cannot disable/switch off 1571 from within My BT "Digital Voice Essentials", unless yet again I am blind.

No worries I will chat with BT online sometime next week and get 1571 switched off their end as you did.

Thanks Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 19

Go to solution

Hi Pete,

Yep that did the trick for me Toooooooo.

Online with BT help for about 20mins, crazy stuff though and time when one considers that it is one click of the mouse to de-activate BT DV Voice essentials!

However, on the positive side of things my BT DECT phone are now back to normal with base answer machine functioning prior to DV switch over,

Living in hope I may get a reduction in my bill with this service removed, or am I being too optimistic?

Thanks again Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 19

Go to solution

You won't get a reduction for removing a free service!

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 19

Go to solution

Hmmmmmmmmmm.....................you too BT will continue to take my money even though you charge me more each year and provide less. Allegedly provide more but now split all services down to infinities and charge for each minuscule element of service provided. Well they are all going this way, Sky, Microsoft and all the rest, the cost of living in 2024 I guess not much we can do apart from moan on these forums, not as though that will change anything hey!

My dear dad who sadly is no longer with us always said the sponge cake has got more expensive as each year rolls on and at the same time is getting smaller, RIP Dad.

Dearest Liquorice one can always live in hope but hoping for something from BT  is maybe a dream too far, keep up the good work your knowledge is boundless and appreciated. 

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm  

0 Ratings