cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT2200 handset - Do Not Disturb

Go to solution

Is there any way of completely disabling the Do Not Disturb (blue button) feature on the 2200 handset? My elderly mother keeps on pressing this by mistake and becomes uncontactable by family. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT2200 handset - Do Not Disturb

Go to solution

@clarky 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

You could try applying a small amount of glue from a glue gun, over the button. That should stop it being depressed. Making sure you do not depress it while applying the glue.

Glue from a glue gun can normally be removed in future, by carefully peeling it off.

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for a very practical solution. I was expecting there to be a technical adjustment in settings, but the more direct, physical approach sounds like it will work!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Quite often buttons can be pressed by accident. I have used the "glue" method on a TV remote control which if pressed, changed the signal source and the TV picture was lost, which involved a visit to a relative to "fix" the problem.

The glue from a glue gun adheres sufficiently, without being permanent, unlike normal adhesive, which can be impossible to remove.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@clarky unfortunately it's not possible to disable the button from the settings but hope @Keith_Beddoe's solution works for you.

Thanks

Neil