cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Can't use all my phones since new hub fitted

Since we received our new SH31B hub we've not been able to use our phones (for outgoing or incoming calls) unless they're plugged in to the back of the hub. However, we've two phones and one's in a  distant room. How can I get that one to work? 

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Can't use all my phones since new hub fitted

ADSL filter ?
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Isnt that an EE Hub?

What product do you have?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquity ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Yes, the hub has EE in the model name. We're on BT Halo.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Yeah I just wanted to confirm that before you were told to bog off to EE forums!

So before you had one phone connected to your old hub and the other one in the remote room wirelessly connected back to the 'master phone' or some other config?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquity ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
Message 6 of 11

Both the phones were previously connected in to wall sockets, neither went through the old hub.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

ahhh, so youve been shifted over to digital voice then with your new package so your voice service now comes via your hub and not the socket directly.

In this case I wouldnt expect the phone to work in the other room if they were dependant on wall sockets.

Theres gonna be other people here more experienced with digital voice than me but you'll need phones that support a two phone setup. IE you will need a Base Unit Phone that connects to the hub and the remote phones will connect to the back to the baseunit.

Message 8 of 11

Message 9 of 11

@Althealbatross 

phone CS 03301234150 and ask for a digital voice adapter which you connect to power socket on other room and then connect phone to adapter.  the adapter piars using DECT not wifi to your new hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 10 of 11

Many thanks everyone for your replies. I've a bit more of a clue as to what's going on now, and I feel I should be able to get somewhere