cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Cancel BT Acount - Aunt Moving to Care Home

Go to solution

I wonder if one of the mods can help. My Aunt is 103 and is now not able to take care of herself, so has moved into a care home this week. My brother who has POA phoned the BT help line to cancel her account but the customer service chap wasn’t very helpful and said my brother would need to send a copy of his POA by post to a PO box in Sheffield and that could take two weeks, at least, to be processed.  In the meantime My Aunts house is empty and she may still be charged for a phone line that will not be used. I’d be grateful for any help or advice over this matter.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Cancel BT Acount - Aunt Moving to Care Home

Go to solution

Hi @BAFlyer,

We can look into this for you. I'll send you a private message as we'll need to speak with you about it and do our best to help you.

In the meantime, check out of information on Power of Attorney. We would need the POA copy sent to us at that address. Never send us the original form.

Thank you for arranging all of this for your aunt. I hope she's getting the care that she needs.

Thanks
DanielS

Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thank you Daniel for you kinds comments. My Aunt is now getting 24 hour care which is exactly what she needs now.

I've replied to your private message.

Many Thanks.

Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @BAFlyer, thanks for your PM to confirm that my colleague, also called John, has been in touch now and resolved this for you.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings