cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 36

Re: Change to DV ?

Go to solution

My advice is do nothing - don't text back "ready", don't contact BT, do nothing. Then just wait.

Every contact with them can lead to something going wrong eg some adviser on the phone by mistake moving someone to a "new contract" without a landline or losing the customer's landline number etc.

So just wait and wait and wait. I just read the 14 Dec House of Commons Research Briefing paper on DV today. Things can be a bit slow it seems. London supposedly is moving to DV by end of 2023 but other than an invitation to a local in person event nothing has happened for me. My bill mention DV but not even been told if and when we are moving. As I don't want DV I will wait and wait and wait. I will also need a Hub 2.

BT need to use an awful lot more words / details when communicating with customers in my view. Eg if they contact someone they should let them know  -   "Your hub 2 will be delivered by XYZ date. if it is not there by that date email on this email address     [ I never want them to make me call as that is theft of my time]  to chase it.   We will never switch you until you have received your hub 2 so do not worry about that"....

They haven't texted me about DV because hopefully they don't know my mobile number

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 36

Go to solution

Well as people might know here, I bought a SH2 from Amazon for about £27 to experiment with and on my ADSL connection and good and stable it seems to be. But I shall insist that BT supply me with a new one when the switchover takes place. I shall tell them, if questioned that I have a friend's one that I borrowing to try it out. I don't want to go back to my own Smart Hub (6), got for £10 in an eBay auction, or the original malfunctioning HH3 supplied by BT 12 years ago. 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 36

Go to solution

Hi Jane2018

Unconfirmed Hot News.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-67750235
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12877065/bt-pause-digital-landlines-alarms-stopped.html

Equality Act 2010. Surely highlighting, and singling out 1-group in society, contravenes the act. Either all people are accorded exemption, or none.

It's Christmas Time, and I'm chill.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 36

Go to solution

this was what was agreed not the Mail version to help sell papers

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2023/12/major-uk-home-phone-providers-commit-to-protect-vulner...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 15 of 36

Go to solution

Thanks for the real, what happened to you reply.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 36

Go to solution
I'm interested in what malfunction, you suffered on your HH3. Any info would be appreciated.
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 36

Go to solution

@HHGTTG  Just be aware that when I did that they detected the SH2 and assumed I didn't need one.  They didn't ask.  I then had to do all the chasing around to get them to send me one.

Message 18 of 36

Go to solution
Well after a few days, it just failed to get web pages for me and threw up an error ehuch i can't remember now. A reboot corrected things and it was quite functional again fir a few days when again it just didn't allow me to surf the Internet. It was always showing a blue light though. I never considered doing a factory reset tbh. It was almost 12 years old! It was then i decided to buy the ebay auction Smart Hub 6 one.
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 36

Go to solution

Wasn't the one you had good enough then? When I was pestered recently about renewing my contract they told me they would send out a SH2 telling me that my current HH3 wouldn't work with the DV switchover so they hadn't detected then, that i was already using my own SH2. Mind you it was the bullying sales Dept of BT.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 36

Go to solution
Thanks for the quick turn-around. C-P
0 Ratings