cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 36

Re: Change to DV ?

Go to solution
Do BT punch your account up on a screen, and use those details. Alternately, BT interrogates you hardware to confirm your actual installation?
0 Ratings
Message 32 of 36

Go to solution

You were sent your BT hub from BT therefore BT have a record of which hub you have. If it is not a Smarthub 2 you will automatically be sent one if you are moved to or order DV. 

It matters not a jot if you are using your own modem/router. You will still be sent a Smarthub2 if your account is showing you do not have one. It is entirely up to you if you connect it or not but if you don't connect it your DV will not work.

If you do decide not to connect it, do not do what some people do and that is throw it in the bin. BT will want it back at somepoint and if you are stupid enough to have binned it you will be charged for it.

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 36

Go to solution
The only Hub BT have ever sent me,
according to whatever records they keep is a HH3.
0 Ratings
Message 34 of 36

Go to solution

@HHGTTG wrote:
The only Hub BT have ever sent me,
according to whatever records they keep is a HH3.

In which case when you are told and given a date that you are being moved over to DV you will be sent a Smarthub2 which will arrive a few days before your switch over. 

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 36

Go to solution

@COMPANY-PENSIONERwrote:
Do BT punch your account up on a screen, and use those details. Alternately, BT interrogates you hardware to confirm your actual installation?

No, it's all automated, when a piece of equipment is sent, it gets logged what it is, the model and serial number.
If you have been sent a SH2 then you don't need another, if you've not been sent one, an order will be raised automatically.

This has been addressed hundreds of times, the search feature of the forum is your friend, at this stage I doubt anything new will be asked, it's all been discussed in detail previously.

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 36

Go to solution

Good morning everyone,

I'm popping by to let you know that as the question has been answered I have marked @-Richie-'s post as the solution and I'll go ahead and lock the thread.

Take care

Robbie