cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 36

Re: Change to DV ?

Go to solution

The news today, is opening out, on a new BT DV initiative, as per the BT website, dated 18/12/2023.
https://newsroom.bt.com/digital-voice-signing-up-to-the-charter-of-commitments/

This following entry concerns me. In as much as, had I text 'ready', before the release of the missive; I'd have been 'volunteering'. If I don't reply; currently, I'm non-voluntary, under the terms of the document.

"Over the past week, we've been informed about incidents involving telecare users from another communications provider who had been switched to a digital landline. In light of this news, the telecoms industry, including BT, has agreed that the right thing to do is to temporarily pause all non-voluntary,managed migrations to a digital landline where there is any risk that a customer's telecare service will not continue to work."

Migration to DV appears to be a long and tortuous path ?

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 36

Go to solution

@HHGTTG 

Assuming your last was directed at me….I don’t run a simple network and wanted to check that the necessary configuration changes would work beforehand, so I borrowed an SH2.  I doubt very much whether the sales/tier 1 help desk people can detect it but the automated diagnostics that run periodically do and I suspect the dept that is responsible for the switch over have that information.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 36

Go to solution

Yes, you're probably correct in that assumption. 

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 36

Go to solution

"They would like local authorities and telecare firms to share data they hold on who has a device". I wonder if that is even lawful as it will be sensitive / special category personal data about someone's health or age in most categories. I don't have an devices in case I fall as am not that old but not yet been switched. Perhaps they are delaying London's move to DV into 2024.

I will be interesting to see what BT think I have with 3 telephone lines one with no BB on it, one with only BB on it and one with a landline and BB on it across two BT accounts. The line with landline and BB presumably is simplest - they will send the hub 2. For the other 2 lines one has no BB on it so probably they make that line into a basic BB line and send a basic hub. For the other line with no landline on it they probably supply nothing as the old hub 5 with no telephone switch works and there is no landline number on that line.

So we will end up with 3 lines all in a different category (i) one landline only (ii) one BB only and (ii)i one with landline and BB (as now of course) and two new hubs sent to me.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 36

Go to solution

I have absolutely no idea why you think having multiple lines is a complication.

They are 3 discrete lines and each one will be treated independently, it is no different to 3 lines going to 3 different houses.

Christmas is coming, do yourself (and us) a favour and stop fretting about non existent problems and enjoy the festivities.

Message 26 of 36

Go to solution

@WSHwrote:

I believe they can detect what is connected and DV is only switched on once they see an SH2 in use.

The BT system checks if the customer has been sent a SH2 or not, if not one is ordered.
If you choose not to connect it, the DV migration goes ahead regardless, you then need to connect it for the phone service to work.

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 36

Go to solution

@-Richie-  Thanks for that.  I did wonder as using an SH2 I'd borrowed seemed to block them sending me one and screwed up the transition to DV, which I needed to tap the mods up for.  So the "Periodic" connection does not include logging the presence of the SH2 then?  Be interesting to know what it does do?

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 36

Go to solution

@Jane2018 wrote:

So we will end up with 3 lines all in a different category (i) one landline only (ii) one BB only and (ii)i one with landline and BB (as now of course) and two new hubs sent to me.

Gosh, I wonder what BT will do with other private properties, businesses, hotels, hospitals etc that have more than one line and in some cases hundreds of lines.

Do you not think that BT may have thought of that and have a solution or are they just going to install hundreds of smarthubs, one for each line!

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 36

Go to solution
Hi Richie.
BT know what router you possess; alternatively accessing your broadband to identify, what router exists. Any check is done on the hardware; especially, not existing cloud records. C-P
0 Ratings
Message 30 of 36

Go to solution

@COMPANY-PENSIONERwrote:
Hi Richie.
BT know what router you possess

That's what I said in my reply, the rest of your sentence I didn't understand.

0 Ratings