cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

DECT Phone Via Adapter is permanently engaged

We have a BT4600 DECT phone connected via a DV Adapter, it works for one outbound call, then is permanently engaged outbound. the only way we have found to fix it is to reboot the hub, which is not something i can do between every call. We live with an elderly family member that relies on the landline that is currrently, non functional in effect.
Inbound calls appear to work fine.

We have a set of BT DV phones, that work as intended but do not have enough reliable range.
The DV Adapter is about 5m away through two rooms and connects fine.

All devices show in hub manager.

We need this phone to work, reliably. and currently it does not.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: DECT Phone Via Adapter is permanently engaged

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

does your BT4600 work ok if connected direct to the socket on back of SH2?   just to make sure it is adapter problem not phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 8

Would appear that the failure point is indeed the adapter. Which is wonderful as the new phones are awful for my nan as she needs the big buttons and volume that this dect set have. Its just outgoing calls that dont work.

Message 5 of 8

try phoning CS 03301234150 and ask for replacement as your adapter faulty

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 6 of 8

Is it not possible to extend the cable from the socket on the back of the hub, to the phone?

If there is more than one handset with the BT4600, then you could leave the BT4600 base station plugged into the hub, and just use the other handset.

Its possible that the DV adapter is too far away from the hub, and its not telling the home hub to drop the connection, or it may be faulty.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Not easily no. Two separate buildings. but the hub and DV Adapter are as close as they can be, sub 5m, two windows between them and air.

I have re-registered the adapter (again) and its working for now, but this is what it does after a reset and stops working a few hours after. why they didnt go full VOIP and just use wi-fi i dont know as the whole property is covered with a mesh system.

Anyways, looks like a call to customer service after xmas is the way i need to go.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

BT had to use their own method for Digital Voice, so its totally secure and cannot be spoofed or hacked into. Normal VOIP is quite insecure.

0 Ratings