cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Digital Phone

Go to solution

BT set up my broadband on the 23rd November and also added two digital phones. The engineer who set the network up said the phones would activate with two hours. Despite repeated calls and promises the phones still haven't been activated. BT tell me it's an internal issue with new phone numbers, but that's the only reason I've been given. Anybody else having this problem. 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Digital Phone

Go to solution

When you go to http://192.168.1.254 do you see your phone number on the phone card as shown in red below?

FaoSxWHXgAA3sSm.jpeg

When you click on that it should show the status between your smart hub 2 and the digital voice service as shown below

Fhl2dmhX0AEGzKX.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
Hi no- it just says not configured?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

OK then that shows it is a technical issue specifically with your activation of the digital voice service.

Assuming your on full fibre it maybe worth calling the full fibre team on 0800 587 4787.

If you get nowhere then a moderator maybe able to help.

Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks, I’m expecting another call tomorrow, but each time I’m told “ next 48 hours” will try that number .

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @DaveF64, were the team able to help you get this resolved?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hi, yes resolved today. Unhappy that it took two weeks, but it was a guy from the customer care line that chased and chased for. The good thing is he would always promise to ring back and he always did this. He was really pleasant and helpful. Wish I could remember his name, but know that he lived in Accrington. BT compare very favourably to British Gas but their bar is very low. Lesson of the story is never move house. Some of our big utility companies are not fit for purpose.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @DaveF64, thanks for the update and sorry it took longer than we would hope to fix this for you. It's nice to know that the advisor kept in touch with you as they agreed until they got it resolved.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings