cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 31

Re: Digital Voice - Cannot receive all incoming calls (Very frustrating)

Go to solution
Thank you, message sent.
0 Ratings
Message 22 of 31

Go to solution

I do appreciate the post on here. I will be moved to digital voice when London moves by end of 2023 and am concerned about calls particularly to one of my 2 landline numbers. Mobile is not a great signal here and everyone for 25 years has had my landline numbers.

I think it might be helpful if BT gave users more information on a list of things when they are told to move rather than just you plug your corded phone into back of the new modem BT will send. it may well be scattered across the BT website but things liek the dial tone will sound different, you may need to do things to keep your own call minder message, that you dial 020 even if dialing within London and need to tell potentially hundreds of people who may be calling you who have not used 020 to date that in effect your number has changed where they call you from local landlines in London - London is a massive area and lots of people use landlines from businesses and homes. In addition after this thread I think it may be worth BT telling everyone being moved over- we have experienced intermittent problems with some calls to customers from networks other than BT. If you  identify the caller's network and let us know [ obviously my ideal would be to let BT know via a bespoke email address or two second post not a massive phone call)] we will sort it out.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 31

Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to update the thread to say that I reported a fault for both these numbers to BT Wholesale who raised a task with Openreach to fix an issue with the number prefix, which appears to have helped, as after a period of monitoring both lines have received calls from various networks.

Thanks

Neil

BT Community Moderator

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 31

Go to solution

Thank you very much Neil. Apologies for the late reply but everything does appear to now be working!

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 31

Go to solution

Yes everything seems to be working for me too, thank you for all you have done in sorting it out! Happy holidays!

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 31

Go to solution

No problem guys, you know where we are if you need any help in the future.

Cheers

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 31

Go to solution

For everyones info ...

We couldn't receive any incoming calls today ( outgoing was OK ) so I checked all the settings Call Barring Volume control etc and all was normal.

So I did what any computer savvy person would do and switched off the router, left it for a couple of minutes then switched back on and lo and behold we can now receive incoming calls.

Especially useful as ny wife is awaiting a call from Solihull Hospital admissions.

Message 28 of 31

Go to solution

Hi, I have similar issue...  Digital Voice has gone live, outgoing calls are fine, some incoming calls get through, others get a 'service unavsilable' message.  BT landline and EE mobile calls are fine,  the mobile calls that aren't getting through are on the Vodafone network.   Can you work your magic with this too please?  Can supply you with number on requsst.  Thank you.

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 31

Go to solution

Morning @af-12 

Thanks for coming to the community and making us aware of this issue with your Digital Voice. 

Sorry we have no account access on the community, please see our Digital Voice: I'm unable to make or receive calls Help page for steps to try. If these don't resolve this for you, there is an option to report the fault. 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 31

Go to solution

Thanks Leanne

I had already been through the checks and reported a fault. I was told all would be ok by midnight following activation.  This was incorrect, still have the problem.   

I was hoping that the process Neil followed in resolving 2 x customers with the same issue above in this thread, could be done for us?  i.e. that he 'raised a fault for both these numbers to BT Wholesale who raised a task with Openreach to fix an issue with the number prefix, which appears to have helped'. 

Trying to go through the fault raising process is very frustrating when you get told all will be ok, but you know the nature of the fault is not always being understood.

Is there anything that can be done without me copying this and telling the support agent how Neil resolved previously?

Thanks

0 Ratings