cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 35

Re: Digital Voice - Distortion / Crackle

I appreciate the help, but if that’s plausible, how come it’s worked fine for 6 months…  that’s my query. 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 35

Possibly a deterioration in the performance of the DECT base station in the home hub, or something new, blocking the signal 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 35

When you consider the number of analogue to digital conversions taking place over the whole speech path, and the reverse, its a wonder the phone quality is not worse.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 35

I just want it to work fine, like it did before DV and before this happened 3 days ago… I didn’t ask to be migrated… 

Message 15 of 35

Surely you can move the base station long enough to test?

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 35

It would be interesting to see if a normal wired phone plugged into the DV adapter has the same issue, as that would point to a faulty home hub or a faulty DV adapter.

Unfortunately, Digital Voice is going to be forced on everyone soon, with the closure of the PSTN network.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 35

Just did as you suggested and the phone works fine, so it’s the DV adaptor that’s evidently faulty. Anyone know how I can get a replacement for free? Thanks! 

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 35

Not necessarily the adapter, could also be the DECT signal from the Hub. Next I'd try the adapter in a different socket, closer to the Hub.

Just a thought but would the recent issue coincide with the switching on of some Christmas lights?

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 35

I’ve only got two sockets, one which my fibre (the hub) plugs into and the open reach box and the socket which the DV adaptor plugs into… suggestions?

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 35

P.s. no, nothing new has been plugged in or switched on…

0 Ratings