cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 19

Digital Voice Handsets

So, I have just received by new Smart Hub 2 in preparation for digital voice.

Today I had another mailing from BT asking ‘do you have the right equipment?’.

It continues to tell me that I need to plug my main handset into the Smart Hub 2, however if that’s not possible we can send you a handset which can be paired to the hub.

So, my hub is in a cupboard and then on a shelf 7 feet up (I’m in a new build and this is where the developer put all utility connections). My issue is, whilst one handset which can be paired is great, what about my other two handsets in the main bedroom and kitchen. Are BT going to send me three? As based on the information they’re saying I’ll only get one.

This issue is out with my control, through no fault of my own, my 2 year old 3 x BT DECT Handsets  will be useless on Digital Voice.

This is unacceptable and BT need to consider that many customers will be in the same position as me and should consider customers may have more than one handset.

Has anyone taken this up with BT?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Re: Digital Voice Handsets

Message 3 of 19

you would be better getting the free DV adapter which pairs with the SH2 and can be connected to power socket and then you can connect you existing phone base unit to adapter and then continue to use existing phones

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 19

I’ve looked and they help guide isn’t particularly helpful. It does not cover people who can’t plug their current handset into the Smart Hub 2, and who have multiple handsets connected to that master. Basically the set I have which are less than 2 years old are useless and I can get 1, yes, 1, for free. This is not acceptable at all.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 19

You may be able to still use your existing DECT phoned if you can connect from the Smart Hub 2 telephone port into your domestic telephone wiring. Are you wired Fibre to the Premises or Fibre to the Cabinet?

Message 6 of 19

Thanks for the help. Reading the guidance, it seems to infer that this will only work on multiple handsets if they are digital voice compatible? If I’m wrong, apologies.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 19

I’m Fibre to the Premises 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 19

@Neilyboy72 

the FAQ explain you can still use existing and my post explained that by using a DV adapter normally supplied free instead of a phone you can connect your existing phone base and still continue to use existing phones

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 9 of 19

@Neilyboy72 wrote:
Thanks for the help. Reading the guidance, it seems to infer that this will only work on multiple handsets if they are digital voice compatible? If I’m wrong, apologies.

you are wrong  your existing phone will work if connected to back of hub or to the DV adapter

Message 10 of 19

Thanks for that! I’ll see if I can order one now!  Quick question, apologies if it’s a daft one, but I gather that I order that adaptor and then set it up after the switch on of my digital voice, as opposed to immediately?

0 Ratings