cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 38

Re: Digital Voice - How to disable voicemail function

Go to solution
Thanks jac-95,some useful information here.
Richard
0 Ratings
Message 22 of 38

Go to solution
OK thanks gg30340
0 Ratings
Message 23 of 38

Go to solution

This could be quite useful for me when London is moved to Digital Voice as I have already had to save notes about this issue as want to continue to use my own personalised  recorded BT function Call Minder if I do not pick up after 10 rings.

Message 24 of 38

Go to solution
OK Jane2018, I have set the phone to 10 rings and will monitor it.thanks
0 Ratings
Message 25 of 38

Go to solution

People who are elderly and don't do Voicemail are unlikely to have a 'My BT' account for making this 'new order'. BT have to give customers the option of doing it over the phone to Customer Service, as is possible with the analogue version of 1571. Ditto the removal/re-adding of 'Multi-Call'.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 38

Go to solution
My God, we elderly people, as you say, certainly come in for a lot of stick when it comes to technology. We must not all be painted with the same brush you know.
Message 27 of 38

Go to solution

As someone in their seventies who often sorts out technology problems for 'youngters' I get heartily fed up with people that think all 'elederly' persons are gaga.

Message 28 of 38

Go to solution

As someone in their later years I have to agree with the posts of @licquorice and  @HHGTTG .

Tell me @Tim123  at what age do people have their years of knowledge and experience removed from their brains so that they can not deal with anything other than something from the stone age?

EDIT: I should have added that I "don't do Voicemail"  however I did manage to turn it off and even posted on here how to do it!

Message 29 of 38

Go to solution
I think it might be the same age as people changing from "falling over" to "having a fall".
Message 30 of 38

Go to solution

I was thinking of people who only take a phone service from BT and don't have broadband, who tend to be elderly but not exclusively. No one should have to sign up for My BT just to customise their phone package, if they don't want to. Perhaps I should have said 'phone only customers who don't have a My BT account and don't want Voicemail', but it was the original poster who first mentioned age in relation to Voicemail and I just picked up on that. It doesn't change my point that Customer Services should be able to replicate the self-service options of My BT.

0 Ratings