cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

Digital Voice not configured on Hub

Go to solution

Hi

I am a customer for broadband and landline. On renewing the contract I was told that the landline would change to DV and a date of 22nd Feb was arranged. On that day DV wasn't activated and the analogue line was switched off. Contacting BT resulted in being told that the order was stuck in the system and would be completed in a week. Meanwhile, no phone!. On 2nd March the order was shown on my account page as complete. Still no phone and the home page of the HUB still showed "phone not configured". Contacting BT I was told it was problem getting data for the download, but an appointment was made for 7th March for an engineer to visit on site and he could download from a laptop. On the 7th an Openreach Network engineer showed up having been told there was a broadband fault, in spite of BT being told multiple times by this point that the broadband was fine. The engineer confirmed this and went away, since he knew nothing about configuring the Hub. 

After again contacting BT a new order was raised on the 7th March and I was told that it would be fixed firstly by the 10th, then by the 14th March. Meanwhile I have discovered that anyone dialling in on our landline number goes immediately to BT voicemail. We never previously had this so there is no PIN set up. This can only be done from the landline. Consequently, anyone phoning thinks they've left a message and we have no way of knowing, let alone responding!

Yesterday we received a text from BT Order Management Team saying they need to do a survey outside our house which can take up to 30 days! The problem is NOT in the line...the Hub simply needs to be configured to make the handset work ( which incidentally is properly linked to the Hub).

I have zero confidence, due to evidence of complete confusion in BT, that the configuration will be achieved by the 14th. Why can't they just send a new HUB already configured for our number?

With analogue you could just plug in any old phone provided there was a line! 

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: Digital Voice not configured on Hub

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

Have you tried a factory reset of the hub in case there is an update not installed correctly?

If reset does not help then phone FTTP TEAM and see if they can help get DV activated  08005874787

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

So your broadband is working, it's just your landline that isn't?

If that's right and you have been supplied with an SH2 hub then you will find a green sticker on the back of it (the SH2), remove that and try plugging your old phone (analogue or Dect) in the socket behind the green label and see if it works

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

@DVoid 

I had the same problem but a factory reset resolved it immediately.

Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

Hi

Yes, broadband is fine but can't access the landline.

Thanks for your suggestion but I did plug a standard phone into the SmartHub2 from the outset. It doesn't work. The  main point is that the Hub webpage shows the status "phone not configured"

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution
Hi
Thanks. I did just try a factory reset but still shows that the phone is not configured. However it now shows BT wifi activated, which I didn't want. How do I turn this off?
I don't have fibre to the premises. Would the FTTP team be able to help?
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

the FTTP TEAM also deal with DV

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

@DVoidwrote:

Hi

Yes, broadband is fine but can't access the landline.

Thanks for your suggestion but I did plug a standard phone into the SmartHub2 from the outset. It doesn't work. The  main point is that the Hub webpage shows the status "phone not configured"

It may not be an OR problem, I did a search on 'phone not configured' from the search bar above and found this

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/Digital-Voice-Not-Configured-On-Hub-BT-can-...

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

I moved to digital voice on Wednesday and like you the hub was showing the phone as not configured. I have just come of online chat and it is now working perfectly. Didn't take long either. Might be worth giving it a try I went via the website help and support/contact BT/technical support/fix landline. Then chose message us. 

0 Ratings